Fissy-Colonoscopy;Lecia CRS/GYN appts.

Any changes made on the Forum, this is where you will find it. Any news, this is where we will share it with you!

Return to Forum Announcements

Re: Fissy-Colonoscopy;Lecia CRS/GYN appts.

Postby Jen » 24 Aug 2008, 12:08

Lecia -
We will always be here for you! I am just so sick of these doctors & nurses being so rude! They have absolutly no idea! Not a dang clue!
A while back, my sister got a new job at a hospital. Around the same time, she developed a really bad respitory infection. She went to the ER and was coughing and crying it hurt so bad. The respitory therapist was in the room next to her and told her to stop being so dramatic and she needed to calm down. He said if she kept coughing he was going to go in her room and intabate her. I guess he was VERY rude to her. Anyways, about 10 minutes later he found out she was a new provider at the hospital (she is a anesthesiologist) and was actually in charge of him, as he is respitory therapy. HA HA HA!!! I love that story! He must have been so ashamed of himself!!!!
I love the picture of you and Molly - Lecia! Are your girls enjoying her? My son loves our 2 yorkies and actually said Lucy (the females name) for the first time today. Dogs are so much fun! And they love you unconditionally...
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby val » 24 Aug 2008, 12:59

:( Lecia, I'm so sorry you feel so down. These doctors are very lucky they dont have to go what we go through. But then anyone who's not had these problems will never, ever understand the misery that they cause. And because of the area thats sore its more a "funny" illness to everyone. I have had so much more sympathy from family/friends about my neck and yet, horribly painful it is, I would much rather that than butt-pain (now I have both, but thats beside the point!! :) )
I saw many, many doctors and complimentary therapy people in my endless battle to find someone to listen to my thyroid problem. I was on a diet of less than 1000 calories a day, all salad, veg, nothing fattening whatsoever, I even kept a food diary to show my doctor, because of all the weight I'd gained. His response? Eat less!! He should have known that would slow the metabolism down. I was so tired I could hardly move and my hair fell out in clumps, and hypoglyceamic.It was so obvious what it was. They even gave me orlistat and reductil! Then 4 years later I was given thyroxine!!
So, listen to your body, not the doctors. You know you're in pain, you know your own body and you know when something's wrong. Just keep on and on until you find out the problem. Do you take your hubby in with you to these doctors? I've found they will take me so much more seriously if my hubby tells them what's wrong. Most of these docs are men and seem only able to relate to other men - sad but true. Also, I think men are naturally more assertive, which is definately an asset when dealing with health "professionals".
You ARE worth it. Dont give in, dont give up. We all love you and want you to get better, and its just a matter of finding the right doctor who is clever and astute enough to realise whats wrong.
Its disgusting the way you and Jen have been treated. Nurses and doctors should be compassionate and sympathetic, and if it wasn't for their patients, they wouldn't have a job anyway! Image
Image Image
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby juney » 24 Aug 2008, 14:47

lecia and jen - i'm sorry your drs have been so incompassionate! i've definitely experienced that too and it's sooo aggravating. my kaiser crs was such a cold b**ch!! i was freaking out crying, trying to explain how this is affecting my life the past 2 years and all she said was "i've seen so much worse, this isn't even bad". another time, i went to the ER when i was bleeding heavily and the nurse there said "you'll just have to deal w/ this for the rest of your life, get used to it". surprise surprise i had fibroids that were easily removed and now i'm back to normal in that aspect. some of these nurses/drs need to have their licenses revoked. bedside manner is so important in that field. not more important than experience obviously, but it definitely helps to have a compassionate dr. don't let these insensitive jerks get you down!! Image
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby cherylk » 24 Aug 2008, 15:12

Lecia,
I just returned home from visiting my son. Thanks for what you sent. Hang in there, sister. I will keep praying for you.
hugs,
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 25 Aug 2008, 05:19

Lecia
You are so loved Image What Jen said was right there is someone ready to help you – you just haven’t found them yet !
Never give up and never ever say you are not worth it !
You look so pretty today :sleepb: I love that photo of you and Molly ! She is cute, I am so glad you found her Image
Give her a big kiss from me !
xx
Jen
I am sorry for the underhanded insensitive remark from your doctor, you are going to make the best nurse ever and if there is one positive thing that has come from your suffering is that you know how to treat patients with the respect they deserve ! Image

Postby happyass » 25 Aug 2008, 05:56

re: lecia's photo with molly.....just delovely. it's so, just perfect. add that one to the lecia calendar please - maybe that can be for one of the spring or summer months.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 25 Aug 2008, 18:34

You are so good for my ego, Happy. Thank you!