Fistfula Surgery Diary

My story and Experience

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Re: Fistfula Surgery Diary

Postby GilmoreGirl » 29 Apr 2017, 14:06

Agh ya. I thinkkkk one end of the wound is from the LIS incision, don't know if there is another one inside or not...still don't know if it's actually a fistula. Would realllllly not like to have another surgery, just had LIS 4 weeks ago, but if I have to then I do! I'm just wondering if maybe they opened up the draining area a little more then it would drain and not build up and heal, but maybe I'm wrong!

And yes, I'll see my surgeon next week...it's just torture for me to wait over the weekend not knowing!!!

And ya, take the pain meds if you need em!!! If you're taking lots of stool softner you should be totally ok!

How is pain besides the bms? Any improvement?
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby JB620 » 29 Apr 2017, 14:18

Yes! That's the only thing that aggravates it. Thanks for asking :) I know another surgery would be a huge bummer, but think long term. It WILL be worth it! Just try keep it open and draining until your appointment next week. Ibuprofen is a game-changer too! So helpful in managing pain and swelling. All around a good thing to take to help manage the symptoms. I stayed away from dairy, as that can complicate infections sometimes. Lots of water.
JB620
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby GilmoreGirl » 29 Apr 2017, 14:24

Ah that's great about the pain!

I know you are very right - I most certainly will go ahead with anything that's necessary, it's just a bummer (literally)!!

I have a hard time with both Tylenol and NSAIDs like ibuprofen with my ibs...so not many pain killer options, but it's not too bad, at least compared to the fissure pain!

And oh I have been eating lactose free Greek yoghurt so maybe I will cut that out!
GilmoreGirl
VIP

Topics: 18

Postby JB620 » 29 Apr 2017, 14:28

Can you take Aleve? It's naproxen... still an NSAID but different than ibuprofen... idk, maybe that's still wouldn't work. My mom takes Excedrin bc she can't take ibuprofen and other NSAIDs....
JB620
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3