Flaxseed/Linseed

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Flaxseed/Linseed

Postby cherylk » 25 Jun 2008, 18:33

Jen,
I posted info about my trip to Hawaii for you on another thread.
My CRS doc recommended 2 x's daily which I did for several weeks until lately I started using it prior to BM's primarily (2-3 x's daily). Your doc must have given you an unlimited Rx for the ointments?? I can understand your concern about getting off of the ointments if you had a setback! I am not sure if we continue to have a tight sphincter after fissures have healed.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby mlsohm » 25 Jun 2008, 21:00

Jen, Too much sugar and not enough fiber. My setbacks were at a party each time. The last one was our wedding anniversary, Sept. 8th, and the next morning, bad BM. I eat for my blood type and that helps. I learned to stick to the plan and have not had a set back since. MLS
mlsohm
Salt Bather

Postby Guest » 26 Jun 2008, 07:50

Argggg Sugar is the worst, i battle with it frequently as I have an incredibly sweet tooth!
Jen and all :)
I had sensitivity to the cream but this was after using the cream - Diltiazem for over a year up until that point the cream worked a dream :)
I had to stop my cream due to a nasty itching sensation which drove me so mad it disturbed my sleep, i was so frightened my tightness would return but things are not as bad as I imagined...TOUCHWOOD
I now use Vaseline as my substitute…I love Fiss for this simple but wonderful tip !
I so wish I had found this forum when I first had my fissure Image
Oh yesterday i didnt like flax, today i love the stuff ! tomorrow who knows !
Thank you all Image

Postby Jen » 26 Jun 2008, 21:38

Cheryl, Tabby & everyone -
Vasaline? I must have missed that thread...what does that do? Lubricate everything on the way out? I have heard vasaline harbors bacteria, but I guess that does not matter considering there is so much bacteria down there in that area! Image
I do not have an unlimited supply of refills. :( I am finishing my 3rd tube, which means 3 months, since each tubes lasts a month. I asked my CRS for one more month, so he just gave me another. He said to call him back if I want more, but in his opinion, he thinks a couple more weeks should do the thrick. He says his clients uaually stay on the nitro for 3-8 months. The nitro is actually his own made up formula he calls the super nitro. It has A&D ointment, an antibiotic (like neosporin), lidocane, and nitro in it. He swears by this formula. I have to agree with him because it works ALOT better than the nitro for me.
Keep up with the healing process MLS! No more straying at your parties! Image
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Fissulyna » 26 Jun 2008, 23:31

Jen - vaseline protects the area from irritation - chafing, soaps, etc. It is base for all those creams that we use (Nitro, Nifed. etc.) so if it can harbor bacteria than all of those creams can LOL. I never heard of bacteria that can live of crude oil derivate - did you, ha ha - we would be in BIG trouble - I mean, gas prices would skyrocket !!!
I use now A+D cream mixed with Aloe gel and some vaseline. Before that I used A+D +aloe+nifed.+vit E. , so maybe your doctor was reading my posts Image ?!? Just joking - I am so glad that it all works so well for you - just stay on it all as long as you need and all will be fine Image !
Image Image Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby cherylk » 27 Jun 2008, 07:41

Jen,
Sounds like you have a good doc! I like the idea that he adds in the lidacaine as I think that helps with pain. My ointment is compounded, so that could be added to it.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Jen » 27 Jun 2008, 08:30

I have no idea where I read the bit about the bacteria - I just remember thinking it was weird since our poo is full of bacteria an not sterile anyway. I may actually try the vasoline, as long as gas prices stay down! :)
Fiss - where do you get your A&D mixture? Do you compound it yourself in your "lab"? :)
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 27 Jun 2008, 11:33

Jen - That was my first thought too about the vaseline, but its right enough Image
Yes, It sure helps to use this before and after !
Your cream sounds great :D
What is A/D cream?????????
:stirthepot:
Last edited by Guest on 27 Jun 2008, 12:10, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Jen » 27 Jun 2008, 11:54

Tabby - A&D cream is a cream that has vitamins A&D in it. It is sold in the baby isle next to all the diaper creams. It is mixed with my nitro and I also use it on my son between diaper changes.
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 27 Jun 2008, 12:12

Thanks Jen :)
I used sudocrem years back for babys bum issues, i will keep my eyes open next time i shop !

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements