Had my LIS

LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Had my LIS

Postby Jase1 » 16 Sep 2018, 14:51

Well it’s been exactly one month since I had surgery. I have no pain where the fissure was on the left side ( early days but yay) however i do have pain / sore on the right where I’m hoping that’s where the surgeon did the procedure, I know he also cut the outside about 2inch. I still have mucos on the dressing I use, even more so after a bm. Is this normal and does it go away ? The annoying thing is I get a very itchy rash I can only assume is off wearing the dressings all day everyday I’m using sudo cream to help but still got the itch. I’m seeing my consultant this Thursday for a check up so I will ask all of the above but any advice in the meantime would be great, thank you
Jase1
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Postby Jase1 » 19 Sep 2018, 10:05

Jase1 wrote:Well it’s been exactly one month since I had surgery. I have no pain where the fissure was on the left side ( early days but yay) however i do have pain / sore on the right where I’m hoping that’s where the surgeon did the procedure, I know he also cut the outside about 2inch. I still have mucos on the dressing I use, even more so after a bm. Is this normal and does it go away ? The annoying thing is I get a very itchy rash I can only assume is off wearing the dressings all day everyday I’m using sudo cream to help but still got the itch. I’m seeing my consultant this Thursday for a check up so I will ask all of the above but any advice in the meantime would be great, thank you

Bump
Jase1
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Postby chachacha » 19 Sep 2018, 21:14

It looks like no other members have had the same symptoms as you. I will wish you very good luck tomorrow and hope that your surgeon has the answers to your questions.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19