Hello again

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Hello again

Postby Guest » 02 Mar 2007, 19:46

Hi Lecia
I work in an office (Corporate Superannuation & Insurance), so im forever sitting in front of a computer all day :|
I think the only time i ever get up to move is to go to the printer/copier, meetings or the odd occasion when i need to go to the ladies.
I don't seem to have the urge to go (still havent gone in 4days) i know its bad huh .. although today i can feel a buildup so im going to freak because i know im going to be in agony again.
The doc did mention the suppository but she didnt recommend it at this stage.
I have never heard of the tea you mentioned LOL .. i know that in Australia 'Smooth Moove' is a chocolate milk drink hahah (ahh i love dairy hmm)
oh my BM's occur every so often (usually within the 2-3rd day) but i have been like this since i was a child.
I must have been the only kid who went to the toilet in the morning and at night - no in-betweens, then the BM few days later. I just thought it was normal (although my mum said no, it wasnt) but ignored it as it never bothered me.
it's funny how things come back to bite you in the bum yrs later :alien:
if the products i am going to use dont work, i'll definitely take up the offer to purchase some items off you on Ebay :bom:
Hope you are doing well also & get better
Dee Image

Postby Guest » 02 Mar 2007, 20:23

Hey Dee,
I actually don't sell these products on Ebay-I just sell my kids outgrown clothes and toys. What I meant is that I will buy you some and mail it to you! Image I actually have some unopened, sealed senna that might help. I thought I might need after surgery with taking the pain killers but I ended up not needing them. You might ask your doctor about it. I know mine said she would rather have someone try this instead of the chemical laxatives but you wouldn't want to get dependent on it.
Stool softeners like colace can help too which is probably like what you are taking already.
Well, I never really knew what was normal with going to the bathroom either. I used to hold it a lot when I was in school. I was too embarrased to go anywhere but home and I am still like that a bit now.
Do you drink Coffee? I used to and that would seem to help me go in the morning. I don't know how that would be for a fissure though since coffee can be acidic.
Do you pass a lot of stool at once? I had to ask my doctor what was considered normal for the amount because I really didn't know how much was supposed to come out at a time! Is it hard to pass?
Your job sitting I am sure can be agonizing-how do you get through the day? Image
One of the best things I did to help get and stay regular is to eat a high fiber cereal. We have a cereal here called All Bran Buds which one serving gives you 1/2 the daily fiber needed. I think something like Weetabix might be good too-I know they have this in Europe but not sure if they carry it in Australia. Image
Hope your trip to the bathroom goes okay this weekend!
Take care,
Lecia

Postby Guest » 05 Mar 2007, 03:31

Hi Lecia, how are you doing?
sorry about the misunderstanding of ebay, i must learn to read correctly LOL
In reply to drinking coffee, no i dont drink coffee, just tea sometimes .. i am hooked on green tea (i think it was too much Yum-Cha's i went to with work mates)
other than that, i'm not much of a drinker of anything: just juice, a little water and/or tea. I just cant seem to drink what is required but i keep pushing myself a little more each day
Cereal - i need to find a good one but i am having some wheat flakes atm.
I really need to eat things that dont have gluten etc
basically, i was once healthy and now i seem to have the worst health possible that i can only laugh at my bad luck .. im gluten/wheat intollerant, lactose intollerant (yet i still drink milk and suffer the tummy cramps) have anemia, have underactive thyroid .. have a fissure and now im suffering from some urine issue (prob kidney's or tract infection) but am awaiting results from doctor.
I seriously need to get my act together and shape up if i dont want to be dealing with all these complications.
oh dear, what a sad case i am when i read about myself above LOL Image
My weekend *sigh* well, after getting off the forum, i FINALLY had a BM (yeahhh) but this was worse than the other times .. OMG, sorry to be graphic... but 'it' got stuck and i was breaaaaathing ... lots n lots of breathing and the agony OMG the pain, what an experience!
then i had to deal with the crappy spasms all until the next morning .. but luckily, Sunday went ok and i was ok .. again.
So far, i am doing well but i need to be more stricter on myself if i want to get better
I'll keep everyone posted on my progress. I am trying to be positive =)
How have you been doing? I hope you have been well and been blessed with good stuff & had a lovely weekend
Take care of yourself
Dee :)

Postby Guest » 05 Mar 2007, 09:37

Hey Dee,
Don't feel bad about reading all your health stuff. I know how you feel! I used to be so healthy and pain free. I took it for granted that I could do so much. I used to landscape our yards, work-out, move furniture etc. and now I am such a wimp due to all that has been going on. But you do what you can and take it a day at a time!
Being gluten intolerant and lactose intolerant can definitely impact your healing and we need to get you on a good eating plan! I think brown rice would probably be your best bet. I know that is the grain that has the least allergenic effects. Is there a dietician that you can meet with?
I have problems with lactose too. I just use soy milk and have even had to give up ice cream which sucks big time! I don't have the same problem with frozen yogurt though.
I was reading about your thyroid issues and getting that balanced is important too! I have a friend who had to have her thyroid removed (cancer) and she is working with her doctor to get the right amount of synthroid (I think it is) and it has been a long process. She is so tired and has so many other areas of her health it impacts. She is doing better now but they would only readjust the medicine every month or so to see which dose was best and it was hard on her so I know that can be such a struggle.
I think if you can take a small step every day to getting things figured out and making some changes here and there so you don't feel overwhelmed will help you feel better too. I know sometimes just knowing I have an appointment to hopefully get some help makes me feel better or getting some info I need or asking questions etc.
I am doing okay-not great-but better than last month. I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday to get a sentinel pile taken off. Not everyone gets them with fissures but I seem to get just about every anal complication there is! :roll: It is a swollen nob at the bottom of the fissure that sticks out of the anus and it hurts!
I just wanted to clarify the ebay stuff because I didn't want you to think I was trying to make money off of you!! My husband takes packages to the post office for me so I was just saying it wouldn't be a big deal if you wanted me to send you something because he goes there every week anyway!
Keep us posted on how things are going!
Your Fissure Friend,
Lecia

Postby Deleted User 5 » 05 Mar 2007, 11:12

So far, i am doing well but i need to be more stricter on myself if i want to get better

Amen, honey! get stricter!
I've been reading over your posts, and it sounds like you need some will-power development.
I try to come across as a bit harsh, (but not *too*harsh)because you seem very likeable and I want you to get better! So if I sound like a drill sargeant sometimes, it's only because I want to see you improve!
Cooked vegetable -raw fruit
Cooked vegetables - raw fruit
Say it with me now!!
Cooked vegetables - raw fruit
No dairyNo dairyNo dairy
Water
Hot tub baths!
These are the mantras for your fissure!
Kim
Deleted User 5