Hello, How is everyone doing in general?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Hello, How is everyone doing in general?

Postby SunshineHope » 12 Sep 2007, 13:13

I also discovered HOW my chronic constipation started: when I was travelling to the other end of the world, my aunt suggested a prescription medication that prevents you from having diarhhea when you're abroad. I can't remember the name right now - but it caused major constipation for me. After that, I also took a herbal medication that was supposed to protect the stomach from toxins but it had a very constipating effect.
I think the constipation stayed with me for so, so long, and even now my BMs will be totally imbalanced if I ever have any dairy. I used to be able to have 2 or 3 BMs a day without even worrying about my diet, but I think it has taken (or is still taking) ages for all that weird medicine to wash out of my system!
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby Guest » 12 Sep 2007, 16:56

Steve,
Sorry to hear about the blood. I hope that Dr in NYC can help. I had the Botox and it made a world of difference. It relaxed everything down there. But you have to do what is good for you. I wish you luck let us know what happens ok?
Patty

Postby Guest » 15 Sep 2007, 07:41

Im doing better but I just need a long term solution I guess...I feel like im fissuring again and i dont want it to get bad nor do I want surgery again. I just feel like I could quit my full time job and devote myself to taking care of this problem. Not to mention the expense of all these "things" I have been trying, in the long run I doubt I can afford it. I have tried enemas since I started seeing a surgeon but they really don't even do the job? My body is messed up I guess..But thanks for the tips!

Postby juney » 15 Sep 2007, 11:27

i have almost been able to forget about my fissure occasionally in the last 3 weeks. it still hurts most of the day, but the pain is more of an annoyance. i've been keeping my BMs very soft with aloe vera, tons of water, and a very healthy diet. i also put aloe vera on a few times a day topically. i still have surgery scheduled for the end of this month. i saw my surgeon for a pre-op last week and he seemed to be trying to discourage me from the surgery...until he took a look down there and saw the fissure. he said "we'll definitely go ahead with the surgery". i'm hoping this 2nd LIS surgery will help things along even more and finally heal this thing. i've been struggling with it for over a year now and i want my normal life back!
congrats to all who are doing better, and lots of luck to those who are also still struggling...i'll keep you all posted on my 2nd surgery.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36