Hello!!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hello!!

Postby sidra1968 » 06 Aug 2009, 10:46

Hi everyone, I am new and just posted my story over on the General Discussion Board. Hope you all read it and take it for what it's worth?!
Just had surgery Tuesday and feel freaking GREAT!! Not even taking any of the darvocet..just a few ibuprofen here and there. (Hope I didn't jinx myself) LOL
You all have helped me just by reading the posts...hope my experience can help a fellow sufferer. Adios till later!
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Re: Hello!!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 06 Aug 2009, 11:02

Read and replied to your first post, glad this board was a help and is serving it's purpose! Image
Deleted User 5

Postby sidra1968 » 06 Aug 2009, 11:54

OH. IT ABSOLUTELY IS!!
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

RIGHT ON!!!

Postby afugh!! » 01 Sep 2009, 15:22

Hopefully getting surgery by the end of september and its great to here success like yours,do as recommended and keep us posted.BTW I'm very happy for you Image
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Postby sidra1968 » 01 Sep 2009, 16:37

Thank you...if your surgery is as successful as mine (which there's no reason why it shouldn't be, really) you'll be doing the victory dance in no time.
It was my 4 week anniversary of my surgery today, and i'd say I feel 98% myself...I was in such a great mood today and then realized it was because I felt good (well, that and a really fun weekend coming up for me..lol)
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby afugh!! » 02 Sep 2009, 03:25

OMG!! Do you realize how happy I'm for you?wish someone was happy for me...wish I'm happy for myself...I'm glad your surgery was a success but do remember,just because you feel 98% doesn't mean your fissure is 98% healed so be careful and don't party too hard(if thats what you're doing)and have a great weekend.
afugh!!
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Postby Deleted User 5 » 02 Sep 2009, 06:20

Your happy time is coming, afugh!! just hang in there!
Deleted User 5

Postby sidra1968 » 02 Sep 2009, 09:00

Don't worry, I can't drink this time because of the antiobiotic I'm on...although I did party pretty hard a little over a week ago with no ill effects fissure-wise. I am still careful to always take my nightly Miralax and to not strain in the bathroom...still take once bath per day. I have been eating normally since 3 hours after the surgery..I honestly think I have had such an easy time compared to most because I went in almost immediately. Looking back I guess I did have a day or few here and there, and was told it was hemorroids and the fissure did subside. But once it got to the unbearable pain, I demanded the LIS and think maybe I got it when the tissue was still "fresh" and have healed more quickly because of that.
I'm just speculating, of course, but it would kind of make sense.
Your happy time will come! Just be persistent.
sidra1968
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby busymom » 02 Sep 2009, 09:02

That is great news! It's amazing how feeling GOOD again can change your entire day.
busymom
Salt Bather

Topics: 8