Hello!

Not sure what to do...

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hello!

Postby HelloImNewHere » 02 Jan 2017, 23:47

Hello Everyone,

Nice to "meet" you all.

So basically I have at least one external hemorrhoid, which has shrunk quite a bit the last month. What I'm dealing with now is chronic itchiness and what I presume to be an anal fissure. I'm making an appointment with a proctologist tomorrow to get the bottom of it. (ha! bottom! - sorry that's not funny)

I decided today that I'm going to try a new approach and anytime I feel the urge to itch I'm going to rub some coconut oil on and up inside of my butthole. If any of you have tried this and it's worked, please let me know. I've read a few threads about this and it seems to have positive results.

I'm wondering that if I am able to summon up enough will power to not itch that my bottom will heal and the urge to itch will subside.

Any an all advice is welcome.

Thank you!
HelloImNewHere

Topics: 1

Re: Hello!

Postby LemonMan » 03 Jan 2017, 15:07

Hello!
Itching is usually associated with hemorrhoids rather than fissures (apart from reacting to some of the medication for treating fissures i.e. Diltiazem). Fissures are normally intense pain lasting many hours after a bowel movement and/or ongoing burning. You're doing the right thing by getting it checked out though - just in case.
I tried coconut oil and it certainly was very soothing. I found it a bit tricky to apply personally, but many people swear by it.
Personally I would opt for some over the counter hydrocortizone cream for itching, but I am sure your proctologist will give you something suitable.
Good Luck!
LemonMan
Aug 14: Anal Abscess diagnosed
Dec 15: Anterior Anal Fissure diagnosed
Jan 16: Anoheal - Thought was healed end of Jan
Apr 16: Anoheal - Thought was healed end of May
Sep 16: Fissure back. Started Anoheal again
May 17: Botox and banding - fingers crossed
LemonMan
VIP

Topics: 4

Re: Hello!