hello

fissure pain for 10 years

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

hello

Postby tusshy » 18 Nov 2014, 13:19

omg....i just found this forum today.....

i first got fissure pain when i was about 16...it went away and then when i was about 20 its came back and would recur once a month usually before my period (i have no idea why).

then in 2006..it came and never left...got so bad....as you all know.....tried everything and eventually had a surgery....then another in 2008....

since then i am still in pain daily. in the second surgery the surgeon did a stretching as well...whcih i feel made things worse as it created tears all around instead of just the one fissure i had.....

now i am suffering really badly again. i want to go and have another opinions with another surgeon maybe.

I live in London and my first 2 surgeries were done by mr alistair windsor.

can anyone please recommend anyone else i can see? I have been doing some research online and i found Mr Robin Phillips and also MR Chrsitopher Chan.

I also have a connective tissue disorder and pelvic floor dysfunction for which i am receiving pelvic floor therapy.....

if anyone can help....i would be so grateful.....i wish to have a life again after all these years of pain.....:((((
tusshy

Topics: 1

Re: hello

Postby owmybum » 18 Nov 2014, 14:38

Interesting to see a fellow patient of mr W's. I am currently being treated by him. Just had a EAU after a flap that was done in July.

Can you tell me what surgeries you had?

I also fear I have a fragile skin syndrome connected to hypermobility syndrome.

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Re: hello

Postby tusshy » 18 Nov 2014, 15:04

hi

the first surgery was to remove an external skin tag, an internal polyp and fissure.

the second was the remove the internal polyp which grew back and also had stretching done....which caused more tears i think
tusshy

Topics: 1