Help! Fleet Enema

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Help! Fleet Enema

Postby hayleyw » 29 Oct 2015, 20:11

anniebee wrote:I am very certain that I have inflamed sentinel pile or inflamed external hems with fissure. This inflammation is right on top of where I think the fissure is. The "what ever they are" hurt to the touch and there is some bleeding along with "water like" substance after BM's.I can feel them when in the sitz--the place that I live, most days. It has been almost 10 hours since BM and I am still in spasm. I have been living like this for a very long time. The other thing i was told by the receptionist is that he wants me to immediately have a colonoscopy and book it now. I told her that was impossible. I can barely walk from the pain most days. I do the cowboy walk most of the time. I really am terrified and appreciate everyone's input.

The water like substance is exactly what I had when they told me I had an absess. Have you noticed a unpleasant smell recently? I know that area isn't going to smell of roses but if the discharge you're getting also has a smell with it it's very likely you've got an infection. If this is the case with you then they will most likely be able to tell just with a visual examination. An absess could explain why you are in quite so much pain too. Hopefully you'll get answers soon. A colonoscopy wouldn't be a bad thing but stress that you'd need to be knocked out during the procedure.
hayleyw
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby anniebee » 29 Oct 2015, 23:37

No have not noticed anything unpleasant as you have described. Never thought of an absess. If I did have one, what is done for that?
anniebee
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby hayleyw » 30 Oct 2015, 16:48

anniebee wrote:No have not noticed anything unpleasant as you have described. Never thought of an absess. If I did have one, what is done for that?

Well if there is no smell it's not as likely. They drain absesses by putting the patient to sleep and basically cutting it open and letting the pus out. Then it's just a matter of the wound healing. I suspect I developed mine due to my fissure getting infected.

I wouldn't worry about it though. Just let your crs have a good look on the outside. Tell him you want a camera up there but you'd have to be put to sleep to endure it. Having a general anesthetic isn't a big deal either. They do it as a day case now so you leave a few hours after you wake up and they give you lots of pain med so you are comfortable after you wake up.

They may try to meet you half way with the offer of sedation but don't take that deal. Sedation might make you feel a bit light headed but it does nothing to block pain signals.
hayleyw
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby Savaici » 30 Oct 2015, 19:08

I think what you have is more than likely mucus; not uncommon, but your extreme pain is definitely worth you seeing the CRS.

As your appointment is Monday, anniebee, I would take a rest from the dramatic stories of what it might be and wait until you see the CRS. Sometimes posts on here can get you worrying more than is necessary and we are not doctors to be able to diagnose. We can only advise.

Wish you all the very best for your appointment and let us know how it goes. :smilyhug: :smilyhug:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rectal_discharge
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Cupcake » 30 Oct 2015, 20:28

:smilyhug: to you, my friend. You're going to be just fine!! Let's get you on the healing road!!
:hugs:
Cupcake
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Postby anniebee » 30 Oct 2015, 21:07

Thank you all for the support, wisdom and kind thoughts. This thing is really taking me down after so many months of pain. Ugly thing that this has been and I will admit that I am terrified.
anniebee
Salt Bather

Postby anniebee » 02 Nov 2015, 13:40

SavaIci," I am nearly positive that this is an anal fissure as it has all the marks of one. Hemorrhoids and any sentinel pile (skin tag) do not give pain at a level of 10 for an extended period of time. An abscess would, but then you would probably be leaking discharge from this."
Wow do you know your stuff. It is an abscess and fistulas. The exam was brutal but only lasted a short time. They put something up there but I not not know what it was. I have to have surgery to get it drained. It will be at least two weeks before he can get an OR for this.
HayleyW, you were also right about it being an abscess. It's just something I did not think of. Dr. Said it may feel like the "thing" hanging out is the painful part but it is the abscess that is causing so much pain.
anniebee
Salt Bather

Postby Savaici » 02 Nov 2015, 14:07

Thank goodness you got it seen to, anniebee.
Savaici
Administrator

Postby anniebee » 02 Nov 2015, 17:55

SavaIci maybe this nightmare will end. I am concerned that I have to wait at least 2 weeks for the OR room. I did not ask enough questions due to my pain but, I am assuming the fissure caused the abscess as he certainly saw/felt the fissure. I honestly kept trying to get help for months. It took way too long and I was treating hems instead of getting to the real issues. Shows you that you need an expert in the area to examine you.
anniebee
Salt Bather

Postby Savaici » 02 Nov 2015, 20:35

Did the doctor prescribe an antibiotic?
Savaici
Administrator