HELP...Who was it that was taking 5 Colace a day??

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: HELP...Who was it that was taking 5 Colace a day??

Postby Guest » 27 Oct 2007, 09:14

Gareth,
That's a great suggestion. I've had it done a number of times. The problem is that it shows what's in your system at any given time. So if you eat before you have the blood test, it can heavily dictate the outcome.
I've read a hair analysis is the best measure of one's electrolyte levels, but good luck getting a doctor to do that.

Postby juney » 27 Oct 2007, 12:39

oops just wanted to correct myself, i take 2 - 250mg of docusate sodium every day, not 4 - 100mg pills. i take 4 ibuprofen. ahhh so many supplements, meds, etc it's hard to keep track sometimes Image
as for the water, i think i'll try to drink more gatorade or propel vitamin water instead of some of the regular water everyday. i'm sure i'm flushing electrolytes out w/ all that normal water.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby SunshineHope » 28 Oct 2007, 00:05

Hey!
1) How much do you take and how often?
Well, I used to take a full capful when my fissure was worse and when I had problems with painful BMs... Slowly it got better and I guess as my diet improved, I didn't need Miralax as much. So now I take it every few days (about half a cap ful) unless I'm finding it hard to go to the bathroom Image.. Then I'll take more. If I injure myself again, I end up taking it everyday until I get better, but just half a cap full.
2) How long have you taken it?
Hmm I think since April of this year.
3) Did you come off of it after the Fissure healed, and if so, how was that experience?
My fissure(s) are not healed yet..... But sometimes I do go off miralax -it depends on what Ive been eating. Its always good to have it around though, incase.
I recommend Miralax, its helped make things easier for me!
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38