HELP...Who was it that was taking 5 Colace a day??

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

HELP...Who was it that was taking 5 Colace a day??

Postby Guest » 25 Oct 2007, 16:33

I remember someone on the board saying they were taking 5 Colace a day. It seems I may have to move up to that and I wanted to know if there were any noticable side effects and how long have you taken this dosage.
Also, if it isn't asking to much personal info, what are your physical stats? I seem to recall it was a female who was taking this dosage and it would do a WORLD of good for my anxiety to know that if a smaller female was taking 5 pills (500 MG, 3 in the morning, 2 at night) with no problem for an extended period of time, then I should be fine.
THANKS!!

Re: HELP...Who was it that was taking 5 Colace a day??

Postby Deleted User 5 » 25 Oct 2007, 17:04

Chris, I took two in the morning and two in the afternoon. But not five a day. I never saw it do anything odd to my system...
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 25 Oct 2007, 17:51

I don't do colace but I do take Miralax and MOM and I am on the small side. I think your body will tell you what your limits are.

Postby happyass » 25 Oct 2007, 20:00

side note: nice dog chris! love black coated pets :-)
i use to eat exlax when i was a teen to lose weight and get rid of food that i ate - call it my bulimic stage - but then i got scared because i was eating a whole box of exlax at one point and nothing was happening!!!!! ooops!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby SunshineHope » 26 Oct 2007, 04:03

Aah, wish I could help you there but I've never taken colace (only miralax). I agree with Lecia that your body should tell you what your limits are...
I hope you find this person youre talking about... Hmmm...
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby Guest » 26 Oct 2007, 08:35

Lecia and SSH,
How often and how much of the Mirlax do you take? MY CRS says that if I don't start to see results with the Colace that I should switch to Miralax. Here are my specific questions:
1) How much do you take and how often?
2) How long have you taken it?
3) Did you come off of it after the Fissure healed, and if so, how was that experience?
Thanks!
Kim - I agree with you, I really don't feel like I'm getting any results from the Colace.

Postby Guest » 26 Oct 2007, 09:05

:Hey Chris,:(9:
I do about a half a cap of miralax a day and have off and on for 5 years. I have gone stretches of months not needing it but really it has made my butt problems more manageable.
I start and stop and take less, sometimes more depending on the state of my butt. I did not use it as much as I should have I think because I was being stubborn not wanting to use anything and ended up retearing my fissure as I was healing.
I don't think you will need to take it long term like I have but even if you do, it is a small price to pay for anal comfort and peace of mind!
Do you eat All bran buds? That stuff really helps me!
Sorry, my daughter wanted me to put that in here. She is home from school today!

Postby buttgirl » 26 Oct 2007, 10:30

Hi all,
I am not too small of a female, 5'9' and 140lbs, but I calso noticed that he docutase sodium form of colace (the stool softener rather than the laxative) did nothing for me. I took 4 per day, two with lunch two with dinner. I though my dr. was insane to only tell me to take 2 a day. i have heard others doctors tell them taht 6-10 a day is OK for a while.
I have switched to either MOM or mineral oil. I use 1-2 Tablespoons of MOM, never more because that gives me the runs. Or I use 3 Tablespoons of mineral oil. I find the MOM more effective and use it when I am having bad bum problems. I use the Mineral oil when things start to go into remission (it seems like anything so chronic should be referred to as active and remission--remission when it's getting better, active when there's a set back.) I find that the mineral oil is less astringent on the intestines, since it just mixes with the stool and doesn't pull water into the bowel. It does give me a bit of gas though, since it is like eating liquid fiber--it doesn't get digested. You will know the right amount of mineral oil because if you take too much you will find orange oil droplets in the toilet water. 3T is right for me, you may be different.
I have also recently found glucomannan, a super fiber from a yam :55: . I found it 3 days ago and it has been working great. I'll let you know if that continues. I feel like Popeye:pop: --I yam what I yam. :##+: (Are there any popeye thingies anywhere?)
Last edited by Anonymous on 26 Oct 2007, 11:26, edited 2 times in total.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 26 Oct 2007, 11:21

Okay-let's see if Popeye works:
:pop:
A few more for fun:
:clue:
:flush:
:skul:

Postby buttgirl » 26 Oct 2007, 11:25

Lecis, you rock!!
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67