Here goes nothing! LIS & Skin Tag Removal - Thursday Feb 10

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Here goes nothing! LIS & Skin Tag Removal - Thursday Feb 10

Postby Bumbutt » 12 Feb 2011, 08:58

Hope things will gradually get smoother for you Sphinct. As you know "butt-time" is a slower kind of time, and it also goes up and down.
NG, are you in the medical branch?
Cherylk and others - I have a friend that went through a couple years of invitro, hormone shots, etc, without success... she got tired of it and tried accupuncture and was pregnant within 4 months. It works for some people, I guess.
I also have a history of Endo in my family.
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby sphinctersaurus » 12 Feb 2011, 21:10

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the info NG. So far I've avoided taking anything except the basic meds, but I may be driven to it yet! The remainder of yesterday was pretty awful. Nausea, dizziness, weakness and an absolutely constant feeling that I needed to have a BM. I must have gone about twenty times ... An endless cycle of tiny little BM + Cleanse and repeat. By the time I went to bed, it was pretty sore!

I'm into day three now and so far things have been a little better. Not much pain, but still weak, dizzy (more that usual!) and have a little nausea. This morning as I awoke from what has to be the least restful sleep I've ever had, I was greeted by the most urgent need I've ever felt to get to the bathroom. I don't want to put anyone off by going into too much detail, so I'll just say that despite the pain of its exit, I was actually pretty proud of this one, and briefly considered waking others to bear witness to its impressive size ... At least the size of my head! ... I'm not kidding ... I NEVER exaggerate. :D
Quite something it was. Seemed a shame to say goodbye! It definitely hurt, but I was relieved to finally locate my MIA waste, at long last!
Hopefully things will start to return to normal in that department soon. I still have to wash quite a lot. Just as I'm feeling satisfied that it's all tidy back there, I suddenly realize I’m not, and have to go clean it again. It's a real pain but I guess it could be a lot worse!
I really wish I could just skip this part, and go straight to the bit where I’m showered with delicious, digestible treats while I run blissfully through a field of wild flowers.
sphinctersaurus
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby Guest » 13 Feb 2011, 01:14

Hey sphinct,
the bm's can be huge right after LIS, but they will return to normal again, lol.

Postby sphinctersaurus » 13 Feb 2011, 23:47

Hey All,
Day 4 has been a bit rough! Nausea, no appetite, weakness and a couple of quite painful BMs. I've also had nasty stomach pains. I had a horrible bout of stomach cramps at about midnight last night, and then again in the middle of the night. It was as though somebody had pushed the big red button that evacuates the bowels. When I finally came back to bed, I decided to take a half of tablet of Lorazepam just to try to relax everything again. It worked, but I really hate taking that stuff. Not sure what I'm doing wrong here! Image I've tried as much as possible to keep my diet and Movicol routine the same as before the op, but something isn't working. Maybe it's still just the after effects of the anesthetic and the op? I'll give the CRS a call tomorrow and see if she can suggest anything.
On the upside, the skin tag wound is looking quite healthy, and the discharge has reduced. Something to feel positive about I guess! Aside from the pain during BMs, and for a little while afterwards, I'm not getting too butt pain at least.
Oh well, hoping for a better day tomorrow (and night tonight!).
Hope everyone else is doing OK! Image
sphinctersaurus
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bumbutt » 14 Feb 2011, 02:41

Sounds like a good idea to call your CRS and get some advice on getting over this nausea. I have never had surgery, but it seems to me that the anesthesia and trauma of surgery can certainly upset your system. Still, definitely give your crs a call.
Do you eat yogurt or take a pro-biotic? I have no idea whether it's a good idea just now or not, but maybe some balance has been upset in your stomach, and that could help.
And of course the anxiety of the operation and the recovery can probably affect the stomach much more than we're consciously aware of.
I hope you are taking good TLC of yourself during these days.
Is it still summer there in NZ? Or is it becoming Fall? Where I live we have 8 months of winter, no kidding... so here, chances are high that it is winter. Lots of snow.
Here's hoping for a better day tomorrow! Image
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby sphinctersaurus » 14 Feb 2011, 23:18

Day 5 has, so far been MUCH better than day 4! I’ve had no pain to speak of, just some minor irritation and ITCHYNESS!!! The whole area looks pretty healthy so I’m assuming it’s a healing itch! The skin tag site looks good – a nice healthy pink colour. The top of the wound seems to be sloughing off dead tissue, and the skin underneath looks good. It is a little hard to visualise what it’s going to look like once fully healed though, as there are sort of tiny lumps of skin left all around the edges of the wound. I guess these will flatten out after a while ... Hope so! I have no swelling, but the bruising remains, although it has changed in colour from a quite dark purple to a slightly lighter, more reddish hue. I’m able to sit pretty comfortably directly on my bottom without pain, but if I put too much pressure on the right side (the LIS side) it certainly lets me know with a sharp jab of pain.
I am in a bit of a mild panic though, because for some reason, I’ve not had a BM today. I took a Tramadol last night because I had quite nasty lower back pain, and I figured ... well ... I know they’re supposed to be for butt pain, but it can’t hurt to take one for a sore back. It’s the only thing I’ve done differently though, so I think that it may have been what bunged me up. I’m praying I won’t have a hard BM tomorrow! It’s only the second time in about six months that I’ve gone a whole day without a BM!
Hey Bumbutt,
I didn’t have to call my CRS today about the nausea because it was better today and I’m seeing her on Thursday anyway. Hopefully it won’t come back tonight and make me regret that decision! I’ve had two other previous surgeries. The first was quite minor. The second, a bit more serious, was to remove a Dermoid Cyst and Endometriosis. The digestive system was definitely upset by that one! I had to maintain a very dull diet for about a week.
It’s most definitely still summer in NZ. We’re about half way through the hottest month of the year. It’s very humid too. I know some of the members here are from places like Florida though, so I know it probably sounds ridiculous when I complain about heat and humidity! Image
Even more ridiculous to complain to someone who goes through an 8 month winter every year huh!
Anyway, how are things for you in the bottom department at the moment BB?
sphinctersaurus
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 15 Feb 2011, 00:21

Yo yo yo :) Sounds like you're kicking some ass there -- sitting to any extent on day #5 sounds excellent! It is indeed probably the tramadol that's got you constipated. I'm sure the next BM will be fine ... I took painkillers for a while after butt surgery and never really had problems even though there were a couple of days where I was "plugged up" too.
Did you indulge in any treats yet? Or still too early for flavor hedonism?
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby sphinctersaurus » 15 Feb 2011, 00:37

Hi NG!
Well, I didn't feel like I was kicking ass yesterday, that's for sure, but today has been much better. No, I haven't launched myself from the diet wagon as yet! :D Still way to frightened to do that. Funny ... all the nausea since the surgery has made me want to vomit at the mere sight (and definately the smell) of some of my regular 'safe' foods.
God I hope you're right about the BM!
sphinctersaurus
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby sphinctersaurus » 15 Feb 2011, 00:40

I just called you God didn't I!
Oh ... punctuation can be so cruel!
sphinctersaurus
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Bumbutt » 15 Feb 2011, 01:45

NG is God Image that must be what the G stands for...
Day 5 sounds better Sphinct! Glad the nausea is disappearing, and I'm sure that BM will soon be appearing - in fact, if you are eating a little less that might be why. I've had several "missed" and delayed bathroom visits, and it has all gone ok, I think because I've had my movicol/miralax cocktail every night.
Oh - warmth, humidity, summer... sigh... We have almost 1 m of snow on the ground, and it is -20C this AM. It is very pretty though, with all the snow around. It's just that 8 months gets to be a bit too much! So, enjoy your summer weather, and maybe later a little sorbet or ice cream or popscicle!!
With my butt, it seems to be in a holding pattern - not too bad really, not like 6 weeks ago. I'm more in the dull ache stage, which lasts for some hours during the day. After lunch I sometimes drag my butt in to work, but otherwise work at home. I'm not looking forward to the sigmoidoscopy in one week, and hoping they will give me some valium before it, however, I'm looking forward to the information it will give me. I've been playing Dr. at home for several months now!
Hope your back pain feels better soon too.
Bumbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist