Hi all. new to forum advice would be great

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Hi all. new to forum advice would be great

Postby Guest » 08 Nov 2010, 13:06

pss... I know the thought of this surgery is so scary. I was so scared the day of my lis that I could barely sign the papers( trembling) and crying... It is so fast and your butt will be so numb the first day, plus they give you great pain meds and when you do feel your butt again, it's kind of an achey, sore, not like fissure pain. Just be sure and do all the things you normally do to keep your poop soft.

Postby NeuropathicGuy » 10 Nov 2010, 02:11

Hey Skip,
Sorry for the late response. Yep I did get the abscess after LIS. Not sure why exactly, the area just gets dirty so it's always a bit of a risk. It's a rare complication though so it's unlikely you'll run into the same thing.
I think the timeline you laid out sounds reasonable. Maybe leave yourself a tiny bit of flex work-wise if possible, but unless anything unexpected happens, you shouldn't need it. 6 weeks before traveling would be fine for most folks, so I think you're pretty safe there.
I'm doing mostly okay now. Still some occasional very, very mild discomfort down there but I get about my business just fine and don't notice it very often at all. The first few months I had my fissure, I thought my life was over and now I barely remember those days (thankfully). LIS isn't a guaranteed cure for everyone, but in most cases it does do quite well.
NeuropathicGuy
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby skip44 » 13 Nov 2010, 09:05

Thanks again guys
skip44
Fibre Addict

Topics: 6

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here