Hi - I'm new here!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Hi - I'm new here!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 16 May 2008, 11:06

Remember that stress (finals, anyone?) can sometimes wreak havoc on your digestive system, and it seems like the stress of just having the fissure sets up a vicious cycle, so try to get your chin up and stay as relaxed as you can!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 16 May 2008, 11:16

Welcome Beccy :D
Sorry to hear you are suffering, so young too, how very unfair !
You have found the perfect place to be this forum is soo wonderful :)
I am from the UK too :D
I have been dealing with my fissure for over a year now, i use anoheal and movicol only one sachet tho Image i am studying too so can relate to the stress of it all....
That is fantastic you can have the botox Image when i mentioned this to my consultant he look at me as if i had two heads !!
Goodluck with the botox and the studys :D
Last edited by Guest on 16 May 2008, 11:29, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Guest » 16 May 2008, 11:22

Buttgirl - thanks for the tip about the diet - I'm definitely going to give that a go - anything for an easy life!
I really think stress has made my fissure worse. Though I've had it for two years, it got a lot worse after my father passed away last summer and then with coping with a beast of a dissertation and getting stressed because of the fissure has really taken it's toll! so here's hoping that the finals won't be too stressful!
My consultant is brilliant - really pleased I found him, but he is private and not on the nhs. He didn't want to do the other operation - I'm not sure what it's called - they cut the muscle or something because he said he refused to do it on girls of child bearing age just in case of complications... to be honest, I looked at him like he had two heads when he suggested botox - I'd never heard of it for healing fissures before - i thought it was just for wrinkles!

Postby Jo » 16 May 2008, 12:26

Welcome Beccy,
It is great that you found this group, it really helps to talk to others with the same problems we have. I know my husband gets tired of hearing about my butt, so I try to give him a break.
Hope you can get through finals without much worry and stress. It's good to hear you have a good Dr., sometimes they are hard to find.
Good luck and take care.
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby juney » 16 May 2008, 14:12

that's interesting that your dr refused to do the LIS surgery (that's lateral internal sphincterotomy, and i'm sure it's what you were referring to where they cut the sphincter muscle to release the spasm pressure) just b/c you're a young woman. i'm 25 years old and i've had 2 of these operations in the past 12 months. i've never had children and my dr said i should be fine to have them in the future.

if botox doesn't work for you, you might want to look into LIS w/ another dr. it works for a lot of people, although it didn't solve my problems. as you start researching more about fissures and reading posts on this forum you'll probably find lots of ideas that you never would've heard of from everyone here
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby buttgirl » 16 May 2008, 15:01

I'm also not past childbearing years and the dr had no qualms about doing one for me.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Deleted User 5 » 16 May 2008, 16:40

I would think in a way, LIS for fissure prone Moms makes good sense, but I am probably speaking way out of my field, here!
Deleted User 5

Postby Jen » 16 May 2008, 17:05

Hi Beccy!
Sorry you have been suffering for so long. I can relate - have have had all sorts of bum issues off and on for 15 months. :(
If the creams are not working, you need to take a second step - botox or LIS. I used nifedipine and that did not work, so I switched to nitro. The nitro has been a savior to me and I have been pain free for about 2 months.
I have seen 2 CRS's and they both said that I can have more children if I choose to have LIS surgery. Actually - they both said it would be ok to have vaginal deliveries. This however, I am still not sure about, so I think I am going to opt for a C-Section next time. I think it would be wise to get a second opinion.
Welcome to the board! I love this place! Without it, I don't know if I could have made it this far! Image
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Guest » 16 May 2008, 17:51

Thank you for all your opinions on the LIS- I think I may have to get a second opinion for sure. I'd be willing to have anything for a fissure-free life! I was saying to my mum the other day that it's so strange having to already think about childbirth when I still feel like a child myself! But I am so glad that you guys are offering all this super advice! xxx

Postby val » 17 May 2008, 11:11

my own opinion is that people with chronic fissures have sphincters which are too tight and with LIS they are loosened to a normal level the same as everyone elses. I dont know if thats right though! The LIS worked absolutely wonderfully for me and I just wish I had had it done sooner.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86