Hi - I'm new here!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hi - I'm new here!

Postby Guest » 16 May 2008, 09:07

Hello everyone
My name is Beccy - I'm new to this board - I can't tell you how glad I am I found it by chance - it's comforting to know there are others in a similar situation!
I'm 21 and live in sunny England. I've had a fissure for the last two years and it has been giving me absolute grief. I seem to be getting better but it's early days. I use anoheal for a cream (brilliant name!). I was on a sachet solution called movicol but I was getting rather upset on that, and I noticed here that a lot of people use MOM - that seems to be working nicely for me at the moment. I had healed up a few months ago but unfortunately the fissure came back with a vengance. If I don't heal again my consultant is going to use botox injections.
So sorry about the lengthy essay I've appeared to have written!
xxxx

Re: Hi - I'm new here!

Postby juney » 16 May 2008, 09:34

welcome to the forum beccy Image
2 years and you haven't tried anything but creams?! i don't know how you've survived!! are you taking warm baths, using stool softeners, eating a healthy fiber diet - lots of water/veggies/fruit, etc? this is all pretty necessary to getting a fissure to heal.

when you healed up what routine were you following then? what caused the fissure to come back? it's so monotonous and annoying, i know, but you need to stick to whatever regimen seems to be working and don't change things up at all. MOM is great! it helped me to nearly heal a few months ago, but an anoscope exam and silver nitrate application retore me so it's taken awhile to get back on track. i'm using about 2 tablespoons MOM a night now, plus stool softeners and that really softens things up for my morning bm. a hot shower after is really soothing when you don't have time for a long soak.

how long is your dr giving you before you try botox? there are a couple people on the board who have had some success w/ botox, i'm sure they can give you some tips.

sorry you have to be here under these circumstances, but now you've found a safe place to talk about all things butt-related! Image
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby cherylk » 16 May 2008, 09:39

Beccy,
Welcome to the group, and I am still fairly new here myself, but have really appreciated learning from others experiences. I am using the Diltiazem ointment for about 5 weeks. Feel free to PM me and ask me any questions.
All the best,
Cheryl K.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby val » 16 May 2008, 09:39

Hi Beccy,
welcome aboard! I'm from not so sunny England too! Sorry you're suffering- two years is a long time for this misery!
Hope we can help!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby buttgirl » 16 May 2008, 09:52

Welcome Beccy!
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Deleted User 5 » 16 May 2008, 09:57

Well, compared to some folks' inroduction, that was a breeze, Beccy!
I f you have had this thing for two years, it's time to move on from conservative treatments -- I hope the botox helps if you have it!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 16 May 2008, 10:24

Hi Becca,,
Welcome to our forum! You are a trooper to have suffered like you did. I hope that you can get the botox. I didn't know that had it over the pond but that would be wonderful news if you could get that.

We have kind of a goth thing going on, but really we are mostly normal people!!!

Postby lars » 16 May 2008, 10:25

Hello Beccy
Welcome to this forum I am VERY impressed that you have managed to live with a fissure for 2 years. I have had mine since september and I have tried Nitro cream and Botox*3.
lars
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Guest » 16 May 2008, 10:42

It definitely hasn't been an easy two years that's for sure! I feel sorry for my lovely mum and boyfriend for many episodes of me being extremely moody!
When I'd healed up (apparantly it was only a superficial heal) - I was taking two sachets of movicol a day, but my consultant wanted me to start coming off them and my GP agreed. So I went to one a day, and things were fine. The fissure came back all of a sudden and I don't know why it did, but I think my consultant is hoping it can heal again. Fingers crossed! I think if it doesn't heal up within another couple of months the consultant wants me to have the botox treatment. It's so frustrating though because some days I'll feel great, but others, after a BM, it's very painful! It's worrying as well because I have university finals in a few weeks and I'm just hoping things are painless for then!
I do think the diltiazem is working - most days things have been okay, just had a couple of quite painful days in the last week!

Postby buttgirl » 16 May 2008, 10:53

Have you tried hyper-managing your food intake for short periods of time?
Whenever I have important dates upcoming, I revert to a super soft, bland boring diet. I will have green tea in the morn with baked apples. For lunch I will have beans or peas and more green tea or just water, and for dinner I will have beans or peas with another steamed veg and a tiny bit of meat. for snacks I will have tea and honey, usually peppermint tea or chamomile tea. Other than that I will not eat. But I will take 3 magnesium supplements a day (750 mg total) and perhaps a little mineral oil.
You cant do this for too long and expect to keep on weight, but it is a healthy short-term diet and a fissure-friendly one. I still rely on it and start it 2 days before the important date and keep it up until whatever I was supposed to do is completed. Perhaps this will help during your exams.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67