hi, i'm new

feel like i can't take it anymore

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: hi, i'm new

Postby sugarspice » 25 Jun 2014, 13:33

Hi JLM, I too had a chronic anal fissure which was much more painful than anything I could describe, I was on my hands and knees at times and the rest of the time lying on the floor. Looking after children when you have a fissure is a nightmare. After trying the creams I had botox, which eased the pain immensley! It didn't heal me totally so I had another lot of botox. This still didn't heal me (although again took pain away) so I ended up having LIS and I can honestly say, just 10 days after my operation I think I'm healed. I had two small children and it was impossible for me not to have surgery if I'm honest, as I had to look after them! All the best to you whatever you decide, and if you were near enough for me to hold your hand through the pain, I would, because I've been there xx
sugarspice
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Re: hi, i'm new

Postby Alyssa » 25 Jun 2014, 16:20

jlm1,
I'm sorry to hear that you are having a tough time with this and I am with you that doctors don't understand how much pain these beasts can be... sometimes I wish they also experience it so perhaps they would have a better bed side manner (one CRS told me, "you've only been in pain for 3 months"! I have a almost 5 month old infant and have been dealing with these issues for the past 4 months; it has been very hard for me; I also have good and bad days. I've found this community very helpful in my weakness moments (where we lose the will to live) because we are here to lift each other up when no one else understands what we are dealing with. I tell my family my butt hurts but they will never understand what I mean...
I had a fissure for two months but it healed with Nifedipine, since then I still have pain during and after BM; dull pain afterward for a number of hours and doctors (General surgeons/ 2 CRS) no longer see anything so I am left with pain and no visible fissure. I was referred to physical therapy so I have been doing that for two months but still have dull pain throughout the day. It has been driving me nuts!!! Yesterday, I saw another CRS (3 at this point; 2 general surgeons)which has suggested Botox, I am scared to try it because what if what I have is not a small fissure but pelvic floor dysfunction (which my PT stated that I have).. I told him that I needed some time to think about it (I'm having a good week in terms of pain) which is the reason I am hesitating. We're here to help and support each other.
2/14 Fissure developed
3/14 Diagnosed w/ fissure given Nifedipine
4/14 Referred to Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy=Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
5/14 Fissure declared "healed"/chronic anal pain persists
9/5/14 Botox to pelvic floor
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Topics: 26