How Long did you Lurk?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

How Long did you Lurk?

Postby Guest » 22 Sep 2008, 07:36

Just out of curiosity-how long did you lurk before you joined the forum and what made you decide to do so?
Were you nervous to make your first post?
Was this your first forum experience?
For me, I lurked for about a week. There were not many members at the time but it seemed like an earnest support forum and that people seemed to be friendly. I know Kim got me through a lot of dark days answering my questions! And I had a lot!
I was nervous to post because what if they don't like me or ignore me?
I had posted some on a few other sites but nothing this personal. Just some Ebay sellers and health and shopping sites.

Re: How Long did you Lurk?

Postby cherylk » 22 Sep 2008, 07:37

I joined right after I found this place. This is my second forum experience--help for fibroid tumors site what my first.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby val » 22 Sep 2008, 09:56

:D i lurked for ages because i wasn't sure how to join! I'd never been on a forum, or even on a computer very often Image Everyone was so helpful and friendly and had all the answers! :D
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Deleted User 5 » 22 Sep 2008, 10:01

I remember how lost you were and how your son had to help a lot Val! My but you have come a long way!
I was invited here by the Board's founder Chery, the first one to join!
There was nothing to lurk around, just a lot of empty boards! Kinda like all those empty posts from yesterday!
Deleted User 5

Postby val » 22 Sep 2008, 11:35

Image I've learnt just as much about computers as fissures!! Just think how computer illiterate i would be if i hadn't found you clever guys!!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 22 Sep 2008, 12:13

Well ….I lurked for a very long time; I found this board around October time 2007 Halloween time!
I couldn’t believe there was a forum for fissures at first it freaked me out a little :roll:
I read so much that first time but never bookmarked you....Then I just had to find you again I sat frantic one evening trying to find you all again, that wasn’t easy !!
You have been bookmarked ever since!
I joined up in March 2008.... I mean who could resist such fine company :D :D :D :D :D
This board has made me feel stronger, I didn’t feel so alone and scared anymore, I knew you guys really did understand me Image
I was so nervous on my first post! writing down my concerns made them seem even more the real and that is scary too, one by one you all replied to me and have been there for me ever since........
You guys know who you are and I am so thankful for this board :wub:

Postby juney » 22 Sep 2008, 12:49

i discovered the forum in spring 07 right before my first LIS. i started posting a few weeks after my LIS, when it seemed obvious that things weren't going as expected. i wasn't nervous about posting, i just wanted some reassurance! i got it and have been ever since. it's been over a year now.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby small_flower » 22 Sep 2008, 17:05

Actually, I jumped right in. I had found another forum, and Cheryl (who I think used to head this forum...does she still?) told me about this place. By that time, i was desperate!
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Postby Fissulyna » 22 Sep 2008, 17:29

I joined the instant I found you (or better said after I figured out HOW lol, had some glitches with e-mail and so forth - I was so excited I mistyped some things I think. I even sent note to Cheryl or something LOL asking how to join LOL !!!! "Fissy drama" as always , I guess, ha ha ha.
Now I wish I can read my first post he he - this is to rub it in since I CAN NOT Image
Hmmm..maybe I should post some sexy avatar to get some attention from Admin LOL ???!!! :roll: Image Image Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby mlsohm » 22 Sep 2008, 17:33

I found this forum in Nov. of 2006 and didn't post until in April 2007 so that tells how nervous I was. This was my 1st forum. I belonged to another right after I joined here but since have dropped that one to spend my time on the BEST ONE. Thanks to everyone here. MLS
mlsohm
Salt Bather