How Long did you Lurk?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: How Long did you Lurk?

Postby Jen » 30 Sep 2008, 10:55

Cheryl & Lecia -
I like hearing these kinds of stories because they are stories of true healing. One can never know if they are truely healed. I can heal now and my fissure may or may not act up 5 years down the road. There is just so much uncertainty.
Lecia - Did his grandma have a fissurectomy or LIS?
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby cherylk » 30 Sep 2008, 11:14

Jen,
My mother never had another fissure (that I know of) and had diverticulitis--diarhea probs about 20 years later and still didn't get another fissure. I don't think my mom had LIS or if she did, I don't think she knew it. I think her fissure was merely cut out (I don't know how) at a small community hospital, so think how much better care you are getting. We never know what might happen 5 years in the future! Heck, the world could come to an end b/4 that!! You remind me a lot of myself--you worry a lot!! I have to get ready to go see my psychiatrist now and discuss the meds he prescribed for me that I am no longer taking!! At least my heart rate is back to normal, and I am not having loose stools today--two positives.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 30 Sep 2008, 11:19

She had a fissureectomy, Jen. I dont know if they were doing LIS back then. But she told me how miserable she was-she even called me to talk to me on the phone because she remembered how horrible it was. But after she got over the surgery she rode her bike, played tennis etc.
Good luck at your appt. Cheryl. Do you think you will switch or just get off completely?

Postby Deleted User 5 » 30 Sep 2008, 13:33

I think that is incredible, and yet horrifying, Cheryl, that you mom had the fissurectomy with no pain meds! They had pain meds back then, I wonder why they chose not to administer them. I bet she she is/was a VERY strong woman!
Hope you get a good report from your doctor, and I am happy your stools are improving!! Image
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 30 Sep 2008, 14:49

Just for the record - Napoleon was late for a battle at Waterloo because he had to "walk off" the hemorrhoid pain ... at least what I read on the net - I guess only he knows what happened LOL
Molly I already commented :) , so Cheryl - you look really lovely on your picture and your dress is fitting so perfectly - I bet it was made just for you by a seamstress ???!!! It is amassing
that your ex-boyfriend is still in touch with you - but who could blame him Image !
LOVE TO ALL
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Deleted User 5 » 30 Sep 2008, 15:02

Yeah, who could blame him!! :D
Deleted User 5

Postby cherylk » 30 Sep 2008, 15:33

Yes, my hubbie knows, and I am friends with my ex-boyfriend's wife also, so all is Kosher. We all stay connected to keep up with stuff, etc.--purely platonic!! That dress was not made for me by a seamstress--I guess I was just lucky that it fit well. I'll have to ask my mom if she took pain meds after fissurectomy--she probably doesn't remember--I don't think they were doing LIS back then. The psychiatrist wants me to stay on Lexipro for now. He thinks I am still too obsessed by my digestive probs and need to be on a med. I don't know if he is right or not!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 30 Sep 2008, 15:37

How long have you taken lexapro? He didn't recommend a different one? Although that ones has the fewest side effects and is tolerated well.
Do you still have the dress?
How did your husband get so lucky? How did he win your heart? I love to hear love stories!