How Long did you Lurk?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: How Long did you Lurk?

Postby cherylk » 30 Sep 2008, 09:24

Thank you, Kim. I don't usually talk with anyone about politics, anyway. It is a hot topic for sure, especially at this time, but I think many are worried about their investments in the stock market. I'll try to not make any more political statements except for this one--I wonder if McCain or Obama have any butt issues. If so, they could join our group!!! Probably they don't as they have to travel so much and sit a lot.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Jen » 30 Sep 2008, 09:27

LOL Cheryl - that is a bold political statement! You would think out of 435 house members and 100 senate members - a couple of them would have some major butt issues! :) Image Image
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby cherylk » 30 Sep 2008, 09:32

Boy, that would really help awareness/acceptance if Obama or McCain had a butt issue and it was publicized all over our country. I still remember when Brett (don't remember his last name), a baseball player, could not play because of hemroids and his prob was publicized, and also Glen Beck had a butt prob and talked about why he was away from the tube and going to the emergency room. We are not alone, and 2 of my docs have told me that. Other people just don't talk about it. It is so great to be able to sit!!!!!!!
Last edited by cherylk on 30 Sep 2008, 11:15, edited 1 time in total.
cherylk
VIP

Postby Guest » 30 Sep 2008, 09:48

Jimmy Carter had hemorrhoid surgery while he was in the whitehouse and supposedly Napoleon did too which gave him a lot of trouble in the saddle!

Postby Jen » 30 Sep 2008, 09:55

OMG! Hemmie surgery while in the white house! Yikes! :) I heard about Napoleon. I am so glad I live in todays time. I had no idea what they even did 500 years ago with butt pain. How awful it must have been. Even nitro and all these cream are pretty new.
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Deleted User 5 » 30 Sep 2008, 10:12

When you are Napoleon and your butt is hurting, you invade Russia!!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 30 Sep 2008, 10:13

Maybe he had a flare-up at Waterloo!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 30 Sep 2008, 10:25

Hitler must have had a terrible arse! Serves him right!
Deleted User 5

Postby cherylk » 30 Sep 2008, 10:25

I didn't know about Carter having hemroid surgery. That makes me like him better.
As far as the past--even 40+ years ago my mom had her fissure cut out with no pain meds (I don't think) afterwards and very little direction on wound care. She might have had an abscess of some sort because the first time having a BM after the surgery she thought that she was going to pass out. I still remember going to visit her in the hospital, so she must have stayed overnight after the fact. Also a general surgeon did it and she is now 83 years old. Bears repeating the story because others might not have heard that scenario previously. I have to get ready for an appointment now!!
cherylk
VIP

Postby Guest » 30 Sep 2008, 10:39

My husband's grandmother who is 91 had AF surgery when she was in her 30s and said she never had trouble with it again.