How much water per day??

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

How much water per day??

Postby motherluch » 06 Feb 2008, 07:58

Okay, something still isn't right with me. I thought all was well, and I was back to having soft BMs, but again today it was a real struggle to go, and we all know that pushing is a no-no, but sometimes what other choice do we have?? I hate when this happens and like I said, perhaps it is a result from that stomach bug I had 1 1/2 weeks ago, I think it really screwed up my system. I am drinking the same amount of my Natural Calm, even upped the dose a little, tonight I will up it even more. I would love to take some MOM, but aftere that last experience I am a little reluctant!!
Anyway, maybe I am not drinking enough water...so my question is...how much water are you all drinking per day to keep stool soft?? And again, any other suggestions are much appreciated!!
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Re: How much water per day??

Postby Deleted User 5 » 06 Feb 2008, 08:12

ML, I have yet to see any evidence that drinking more than the RDA (5-8 glasses) of water does any good. From the anecdotal accounts of various boardies and my own experience, this also seems to be the case.
I'm willing to assume the colon is only going to pull in X amount of water over a given 24 hour period. Once the body reaches stasis, excess water is simply eliminated. If you dehydrate then the body apparently will pull some from your stool as needed, or at least from the colon's supply.
I think the body would want to avoid adding more water to the stools simply because the person is drinking more water, as this would result in watery BMs.
Just a guess...
Deleted User 5

Postby motherluch » 06 Feb 2008, 08:39

Thanks Kim. Wondering what you do to keep things moving along?? I could always look back at the archives, but just thought I would ask since it seems you are in a good place at this time with your fissure/butt problems!!
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby val » 06 Feb 2008, 10:44

dont want to "butt" in, but have you tried flaxoil, and aloe vera juice? Also first thing every morning I have boiling water mixed half and half in a pint cup of pure fruit juice-works for me!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby motherluch » 06 Feb 2008, 11:04

Hey Val,
What kind of flax oil do you use , what time of day do you take it, and how much?? Also, can you answer the same for the aloe vera juice?? Do you think these help you to go or just keep things soft? You also take MOM am I right?? I am always wondering what is working for everyone else, I don't think I am taking enough things to keep me regularly going on a daily basis, seems like I have been skipping a day here and there and then I end up in trouble!
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 5 » 06 Feb 2008, 11:26

ML,
I have just stayed on the AF diet, for the most part. I really don't drink a lot of water! Coffee, tea and a beer at dinner, all dehydrating. But my BMs are generally OK everyday. I get water from veggies and soy milk, too!
Deleted User 5

Postby val » 06 Feb 2008, 14:50

I take 1 teaspoon flaxoil (linusit premium organic) every morning as soon as I get up along with 6 dessertspoons of aloe vera and then the boiling water and fruit juice.
Directly before bed I take 1 teaspoon of the flaxoil again and the 6 dessertspoons of aloe vera(Holland and Barret maximumstrength). I havent needed to take MOM- I just upped the dosage of aloe vera. I think you just have to experiment until you find the right dosage for you! Start with small quantities and add a little each day, rather than start with loads, or you could end up in the bathroom all day!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 06 Feb 2008, 17:17

Does drinking water with spoonfuls of ice tea mix or something similar still count as drinking water? I'm getting bored of soo much water :)

Postby Deleted User 5 » 06 Feb 2008, 17:28

It does count, Erin, although tea may be very slightly dehydrating. Your body will use water from all sources and forms in which you ingest it.
If you're getting bored with so much water, just try getting perhaps a bit more than you may have been accustomed to before you had the fissure. No need to slosh around all day! Your body just doesn't need the excess water, and it won't help the fissure.
Deleted User 5

Postby buttgirl » 06 Feb 2008, 18:13

Have you tried herbal teas? They liven things up and aren't dehydrating. Plus, tehre are tons to choose from.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67