I can't live like this anymore.

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: I can't live like this anymore.

Postby omyrear » 19 Aug 2013, 09:47

Prior to surgery, my BMs weren't too painful while going (most of the time), but I would be in pain for hours afterwards. Since surgery I've had minor pain & a little bit of blood during BMs with some mild pain (2 or 3/10) for a few hours afterwards. Nothing bad though and a major improvement over my pre-surgery pain. I'm hoping the pain lessens as I continue to recover from surgery. My diet has always been pretty good; I'm vegetarian so have always eaten a lot of beans, whole wheat pasta, brown rice, nuts & veggies. When I found out about the fissure, I added more fruits & veggies and started drinking a lot more water. I also added a fiber supplement - I take a small amount of psyllium husk each day (the amount I take doesn't even equal a full dose of metamucil). I don't take any laxatives. I've continued eating the same way & with the same dose of psyllium husk since surgery and have had a BM each day. Oh, I got my fissure in late November 2012, so have had it almost 9 months.
Hope this helps. If you have a CRS that you like & trust, don't be scared of the surgery. Everyone is different, but I doubt you will regret it.
omyrear
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2