I did it: Call me Botox Butt (or the 6 million dollar a$$)

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: I did it: Call me Botox Butt (or the 6 million dollar a$$)

Postby buttgirl » 02 Jul 2007, 12:00

It's day 4 after the surgery. Had a fairly firm (but not hard by any means) poo this morning, one that would have caused immense pain only last week (indeed one just like it prompted the blood but not from fissure thread) and guess what....no pain, no blood, no roids...nothing. Even the little pinch from the injection site next to the miniroid has stopped itching. I keep thinking that this just can't be right and I keep waiting for the painful relapse, but so far every day has hurt less and less (knock on wood). Maybe it's all the wood I have been knocking on :> I have also kept up with my sitz baths and the neosporin/monistat.

I can't tell you how utterly astonished I am. My CRS said that he doubted the botox would help very much because the cut would still be there and have to heal, and because there is the risk of infection....yada yada.... so I had moments of doubt while in the drs office (and indeed the scenario of putting on my drawers and leaving an apologetic note as I hightailed it out of the building did cross my mind. But I figured, I was at wit's end and the next step would be months of pain or an LIS). Still, I recalled my impressions over the past year that Botox would help, the multitude of times I had come close to tears nearly begging for it, and indeed Botox has helped.

What's more, aside from the slightly itchy/throbby feeling around one of the two injection sites, a feeling that steadily lessened over the past four days, I have had no ill side effects. Even when experimenting with holding the loose stools for as long as possible, no leakage, no incontinence.

The best part--this morning, for the first time in over a year, I forgot about my butt for a little while, even after recently pooping. iFor that little while, I remembered what life was like not constantly thinking "if I do XYZ, will that make my butt hurt more?" It was paradisical. (Knock on huge, heavy, dense pieces of wood!!!)

Sorry to run on, but, as I said, I am utterly astonished, especially after my CRS's warnings that the botox probably wouldn't help that much.

I'll let you know how things continue to progress.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby dano » 02 Jul 2007, 20:37

why is my doc. so against botox,he actually laughed about it when i mentioned it.he says hes heard of people trying it and has never seen it to work,sounds like its working to me??
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby Guest » 02 Jul 2007, 21:59

I have found that some doctors tend to "poo-poo" any idea that they aren't experienced with or use in their practice.
That is great news BG! Glad things are going so well you can forget all about your bum for awhile. That is awesome!

Postby buttgirl » 03 Jul 2007, 10:20

I think dr. might poo-poo the idea because patients get their hopes up that botox will immediately cure thier problem. While it does offer a very, very welcome respite from the long-lasting pain of spasms, the fissure still remains. In fact, today is not as good a day as yesterday fissure-wise(but it is still a far better day than any last week). I got a little dehydrated yesterday and the leading poo was hard today. I could feel it abraid the fissure on the way out. And the cut hurts a bit right now. Still, it is less painful by far. It's actually kind of wierd pain compared to what I had been experiencing. It feels like I have a cut in my butt rather than like something is being ripped out of my anus.

I guess you could say I'm having a bad day today??? Then again, if this is a bad day I'll take it 100 times over a bad day off Botox.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 5 » 03 Jul 2007, 10:36

Yes, the fissure remains, but now is the time to stay off your tail as much as possible and get as many hot baths as possible. Keep the blood flow going to the fissure site and hopefully by the time the botox wears off the fissure will either heal or be well on it's way to healing. You have a "get out of jail free" card right now!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 03 Jul 2007, 10:39

I'm glad a bad day on botox is still much better than a good day without it though.
It will get there-just keep doing all the things to used to do to make sure it heals well an by the time it wears off it may be gone for good!!!

Postby buttgirl » 03 Jul 2007, 10:59

Yes, Kim and Lecia. You are right. The dehydration yesteday was entirely unitintentional. I went to the desert and only brough a liter of water, which I thought would be enough but wasn't.

My plan from now on is to be especially careful and concentrate on healing over the next 3 mos. before the Botox wears off.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby buttgirl » 05 Jul 2007, 11:15

Another update:

Well the fissure is more manageable. No spams still.....

However, that darn irritated roid is now bothering me a bit. It is so small that I can hardly feel it by touch, but it does burn something fierce after pooing. ARGH!!! If it's nmot one things its another.

Anyone got any roid advice?
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby happyass » 05 Jul 2007, 20:00

vicks vapor rub!!!!!!!
it feels sooooo good......
and yes, it may begin to feel like it will burn, but it actually is a pleasant burn...just clench your butt cheeks together for a refreshing and soothing feeling.....
who knew vicks would be so good on your ass too!!!!! hehehehehe
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 05 Jul 2007, 20:31

Maybe you can talk to your surgeon about having it banded? I have done that in the past. I would probably work well on a smaller internal hemmie.
Pain wise I like the Prep H cooling gel.