I did it: Call me Botox Butt (or the 6 million dollar a$$)

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: I did it: Call me Botox Butt (or the 6 million dollar a$$)

Postby Guest » 11 Jul 2007, 10:15

Very cool! That is such a significant improvement. It must feel so nice to have a semblance of normalcy again with going to the bathroom. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.
Will this be your first period since you had the botox? (sorry for the personal question). It will be interesting to see how it feels since the injection!

Postby buttgirl » 11 Jul 2007, 15:06

Yep, the first since the botox. I am curious. It may be a little wierd, especially if my muscles want to cramp but can't...
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby buttgirl » 16 Jul 2007, 10:04

Another update: Stilll no fissure pain and the roid rage is reducing. It only burns for a little while after bm, as opposed to 4 hrs (which was the original time frame). If it were'nt for the roid, I'd feel like I could eat normally again, but I won't even though I am really craving a quesadilla with homemade salsa, my favorite meal this time of year.... I don't dare do that for another 6 mos though, until I am sure of healing. Maybe the roid is a blessing in disguise, an irritating reminder to maintain my AF diet.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 5 » 16 Jul 2007, 15:32

Yes, you just keep doing what your doing and you will whip this thing, another non-surgery success! I sure hope so!
If you take a hot bath, right after the BM, how much does it relieve the burning?
If you had willpower and only ate a bite or two of the quesadilla and salsa, I think you would be OK. I think minute amounts of almost any food would be acceptable, expecially as a rare treat. Just chew the crunchy stuff well!
I never realized what a poor chewer I had been all my life, until my fissure, and I was forced to take into account every morsel of food that went in my mouth.
Anyway, continued good fortune in this stage of healing!! To have such a reduction in the pain duration really is a great sign!
Deleted User 5

Postby buttgirl » 16 Jul 2007, 16:27

A warm bath after bm pretty much relieves all the burning, but it starts up again a little while after sitting. It is a different burning than the fissure burning. More like carpet rash (which I got from playing with my new cat) than lemon juice in cut. And it is also intermittent--it follows the poo, then stops, then starts, until the cycle tapers off later in the day. I've never had a roid before, but I assume this is what they feel like.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 5 » 16 Jul 2007, 16:54

Funny how the burning cycles like spasms...if it wasn't for the burning description, I'd say they were spasms.
Deleted User 5

Postby buttgirl » 16 Jul 2007, 17:16

I thought it might be related to spasm too, but I found thatbecause of the botox, I don't spasm anymore. When I did spasm, there was no on and off. It was constant clench. So this is rather novel to me and rather irritating.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 5 » 16 Jul 2007, 17:23

So this pattern has started since the botox,?
Deleted User 5

Postby buttgirl » 16 Jul 2007, 17:53

Not really. It was a few days before the Botox when I got what I believe to be my mini roid--it bled a little and freaked me out some. It is in a different place than the fissure and I can actually feel an engorged something or other (I assume blood vessel), though that doesn't explain why the area around it burns. I just assumed that is what comes along with a roid.

The injection in the area did irritate it a little further, though the one on the other side of my fissure has caused no problems. Still, that irritation died down back to original irritation in a few days.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 17 Jul 2007, 18:03

BG,
Do they inject directly into to rectum/anus or through the muscle tissue of the butt? I would be afraid of the damage the needle could cause in the rectum/anus area.
Thanks!