I did it: Call me Botox Butt (or the 6 million dollar a$$)

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: I did it: Call me Botox Butt (or the 6 million dollar a$$)

Postby buttgirl » 06 Jul 2007, 13:13

unfortunately, the miniroid is too small for banding. Still the sking over it is inflamed and burns to wipe and poo. I guess I'll just have to wait it out. It is getting slowly better day by day.

I have been thinking about mucous membranes. We have them in our mouths and whn punctured we get aphtous ulcers (not Cold Sores, which are caused by the herpes virus). I wonder if the treatments to help repair these tears in mucous membranes would help to repair the tears we have in our other mucous membrane, i.e. the rectal mucosa??? Amlexanox is supposed to be quite effective for the mouth sores. Any thoughts?
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby buttgirl » 06 Jul 2007, 13:15

Thanks again everyone for your support and advice. I have only been on the forum only a few weeks, but just knowing that there are other people out there who understand what I am going though has helped me tremendously!!

One of the CRSs I saw in the past literally told me that if i got the surgery to prevent myself from going septic with the abscess, that I would never heal. Hearing that my slow-to- heal-ness is not an anomaly and that others have had stubborn fissures but eventualy healed, gives me hope that healing may be just around the corner (despite the miniroid).

Thanks again again everyone!!
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby buttgirl » 09 Jul 2007, 10:34

Another update:

Got through the weekend just fine. I even wondered today if the fissure was still there.... but I don't want to get cocky yet because I'm sure it is, so I'm going to take things easy for the next six months or so. I also expect there to be relapses (though I hope there won't be any, that seems too much to expect), but so far so good. (knock on wood)

The roid is calming down a bit. It still stings after pooing, so it does draw my attention to the area. But it is no where near as painful or unconfortable as the fissure, more annoying than anything else.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 09 Jul 2007, 10:50

I think it makes sense that treatment for the mouth could be beneficial for the rectal mucosa since they are both similar. I haven't heard about the medicine you are referring to though. It is probably worth a shot since it is approved for the lining of the mouth it could be helpful for the rectal lining.
Glad you had a good weekend and things are calming down.
Have you thought about sclerotherapy for the hemmie? I tried that once and it seemed to help.

Postby buttgirl » 09 Jul 2007, 11:19

That sounds like a good idea. I will ask the CRS at my next appt.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby happyass » 10 Jul 2007, 11:18

another alternative is to visit a chinese herbal doctor. they have ointments and treatments for that sort of stuff that could possibly help.
there are special acupuncture points on your body too that help with hemmys and anal fissures.
a combination of these would help alleviate the situation in time i would guess.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby buttgirl » 10 Jul 2007, 11:32

Now that's an interesting thought too. I have found in the past that benzoin works for my occasional mouth sores (but since it is tinctured in alcohol I hesitate to put it in my rear). I bet you're right that there are other herbal remedies that would help the musous membrane heal. I'll have to look for an herbal dr. I' m sure there's one, or rather more than one, in the LA area. Any recommendations for how to find a good one?
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby happyass » 10 Jul 2007, 13:59

are you in Los Angeles area?
i would look for a complete alternative health center or yoga center for referrals.
another way, is go to blue cross blue shield website and look for alternative therapy practitioners in your area. they will have a list to get you started.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby buttgirl » 10 Jul 2007, 16:43

yep. I live in the LA area. I will check out alt health centers. I heard Deppak Chopra has one in Carlsbad. I wonder if it is any good....
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby buttgirl » 11 Jul 2007, 10:00

Another update:
The fissure pain is gone and has been for the past three or so days. All day yesterday I was wondering if it was still there. This morning when applying the usual lube before morning bm (I walked around a little more than ususal and was in a bit of a hurry to apply the lube while I still had time) I was a little ungentle and felt the prick of the fissure I think. So I know it is still there and still quite fragile. But now, less than an hour later, no pain. Actually there was no pain even 5 mins after the movement, from the fissure at least.
The miniroid is healing itself ok. It was a little pricky during bm and a little itchy after. It feels a little strange now, like it is present and standing there at the back door, but it's not bad at all by any means.
Knock on major wood again that this trend keeps up through this next week (the crampy time of month is coming and is usually my undoing). I am soooo happy that I got the botox.

And an addendum:

Had bm #2 today at lunch. It was an uncomfortable one that chaffed because I ate too much last night. It made the roid sting a bit, but I'm not sure if the fissure hurt. I don't think so. Actually, it's nice that it's so hard to tell. Less than two weeks ago, I was not even able to doubt and question--I knew. Hooray Botox!! Image Boo roid!
Last edited by Anonymous on 11 Jul 2007, 15:10, edited 1 time in total.
buttgirl
King Fissure