I had my surgery this morning

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: I had my surgery this morning

Postby Please go-away! » 08 Jun 2013, 11:25

Thank you Suzy, you are an incredible person, and your husband...wow!
Please heal well... Image
Fissure fighter
Please go-away!
King Fissure

Topics: 15

Postby splinterboy1984 » 09 Jun 2013, 16:46

Suzy Keep strong. Ive been reading your post and i must say your very courageous person. good luck.
splinterboy1984
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby suzyljank » 09 Jun 2013, 17:11

Hi, still healing but I feel much better. My donor sites are almost healed but the little bit that is left can still hurt sometimes. My biggest problem now is getting the correct dose of miralax. While I was taking pain meds I took a regular dose and it worked great but now I think a regular dose is too much. I've been getting some diarrhea at times. What's really frustrating is that it waits until after I had a shower or I've done a sitz bath. Never fails, if I need to go to the bathroom all I need to do is take a bath. I still haven't looked at my butt but my husband tells me it's healing nicely and looks more normal than before. Maybe someday I'll look at the pictures he took for me but not in the near future. I don't like the dilation. I'm still sore and sometimes it makes it hard to relax but I do it faithfully every morning. I know it's helping me. Excercise for the butt muscle I guess. Hope everyone is doing well. I see some of you have had your surgeries and that's great and to those that have them coming up this week you're going to do just fine. Know that I'll be thinking about you and wishing you the best. Suzy
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Postby marg6043 » 10 Jun 2013, 15:48

suzyljank hey there, is nice to know that you are doing fine, it takes time but you will get there and be a winner at the end.
We are all wishing you the best.
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby owmybum » 17 Jun 2013, 10:26

Hey Suzy.... How are you doing?
What are you able to do/ not do?
How is your pain levels now??
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby suzyljank » 17 Jun 2013, 11:30

Hi, I'm doing well. I'm able to do whatever I'm comfortable doing. My pain level is very low, occasionally if I sit in the wrong position it will bother me. I still get some twinges now and then but ibuprofen takes care of that. I really baby my butt and will for the rest of my life. I don't ever want to go back to that misery. I take less than a cap of miralax at bedtime and eat a normal diet. I have fiber in the morning but don't over do it. I'm still dilating once a day but it takes a while because I tend to tense up. I would recommend the surgery if you need it. Just be prepared for a long recovery. I'm glad you didn't need surgery. Hope you're doing we'll too. Suzy
suzyljank

Postby marg6043 » 17 Jun 2013, 22:06

suzyljank, Is nice to hear that our pain level has gone down and is controllable, you are doing great, suzy and soon you will leave all this behind.
Is amazing that with all the work that you have done to repair the damage and been suffering before that for soo long you keep your spirits high.
I admire you and people like you that still keep the fight staying positive.Image
marg6043
King Fissure

Topics: 8

Postby Just 'Pain' Tired » 17 Jun 2013, 22:47

Suzy,  have read your posts for many weeks now.  So, so glad you are doing so well.  It is great news!  Keep on healing!Image
Just 'Pain' Tired
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby ravians » 30 Jun 2013, 01:29

hi Suzy , how r u now. hope that u r recovering well. do update about ur present condition.
ravians
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby suzyljank » 16 Jul 2013, 11:13

Hi, everyone. It's been almost 12 weeks since my surgery and I'm getting back to my life. I continue to do dilation in the morning and it has helped. I'm back on my treadmill again and doing most things I used to. The only thing I stay away from is lifting heavy things but other than that I'm back to what I used to do. I still have IBS so I'm careful with certain foods. I still can't believe I can have a normal formed bm without being in agony. I even had a bit of a stomach bug a few days ago but I'm alright. My donor sites can ache once in a while but I was told that could happen. I still can't use toilet paper because rubbing the area is not good. I just rinse off with a bidet shower sprayer and pat dry. I'll probably always do this because it makes me feel cleaner. I was so scared of this surgery but now I can't believe I am where I am. I had hemmie surgery and then LIS an now the double flaps. Looking back I should have just skipped the LIS and had the flap surgery. Getting rid of the rigid scar tissue made a difference and LIS doesn't do that. I'm happy to see more positive stories on this site too. It really helps when someone posts a positive outcome. Before I did my surgery I couldn't find many on the flaps. I found plenty of horrible ones and that scared the heck out of me. Lots of people didn't finish their stories either so I didn't know if they were helped or not. I encourage everyone to share their journey. I've recieved emails from at least 5 people who have gone ahead with the advancement flap surgery because of my journey and I'm so glad to have helped. All 5 people had positive outcomes. God bless everyone for all the support and kind words. Suzy
suzyljank