I'm a newbie here... need some advice

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: I'm a newbie here... need some advice

Postby cherylk » 30 Apr 2009, 13:23

Jules,
I'm glad you like the forum and are finding lots of supportive people here. I was always a pretty normal weight all of my life until I hit college where I developed an eating disorder (binge eating) due to the social and academic pressures of my school. I became underweight while having my fissure and being unsure of what to eat (or not). I had a hard time regulating my Miralax and was very unsure about putting most things into my mouth=loss of weight. But now I have put the weight back on again and at a good weight for myself. I'm also a very big believer in talk therapy as a means for dealing with an AF. I should add here that Tabby gave me lots of moral support during my bad times. Best wishes!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 30 Apr 2009, 13:53

Bless you Cheryl Image DITO..
I am so happy to read your updates, Jules !
You did it Image
Remember lots of rest even if you feel great, Ok :D
You are totally kickin ass now !! Image Image Image

Postby pinky » 30 Apr 2009, 15:27

Im glad your first BM was ok Jules.It will get better from now on and the soreness will decrease as the days go by.
Follow Tabby's advice,lots of rest and no sitting on your butt.
continue your fibre diet and supplements along with sitz bath.Good luck
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby cherylk » 01 May 2009, 06:36

Like Tabby says, you are really kicking ass. Best wishes for continued healing!
cherylk
VIP

Postby Deleted User 5 » 01 May 2009, 08:59

Hooray on the first successful BM. It should all be downhill from here! cheers
Deleted User 5

Postby Jules » 02 May 2009, 17:07

Well..... drumroll.... it's day number 4 and all's well that ends well! So far, my "end" (bottom) is ending well today, lol! This has been a very good day! I've been taking "sitz" baths several times a day with a little Epsom Salt and that really does seem to help alot. I went to the drugstore (Walgreens) and purchased a "sitz bath" thingee and it's easier to use than getting in and out of the tub several times a day. Of course, I have to remember not everyone has pelvis problems like me but it was a good purchase in case anybody was wondering. Well, I'm looking forward to day number 5 (counting them down) and hoping and planning for tomorrow to be an even better day. I'm so glad I found you guys before I had my surgery as you helped me to decide. Very glad I did!!! Image
Jules
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Deleted User 5 » 02 May 2009, 18:10

We have some other "pelvis problematic" boardies here (not me!) so don't feel alone! I think it is super you continue to do well after 4 days, ti bodes well for the remainder of your recovery!
The only thing I don't like about the sitz bath bowls is the water gets cold fast! But they are super convenient! But do keep at it, you'll see -- the more blood flow you can get moving to your rear now the faster and better you'll heal! Image
Deleted User 5

Postby cherylk » 02 May 2009, 19:32

I didn't like that about the sitz bath bowl either, Kim! The tub is easier to keep hot, but whatever works, Jules. Wishing you continued good healing.
cherylk
VIP

Postby juney » 03 May 2009, 21:27

i have a sitz bath that has an iv type bag attached to it that you can fill with hot water and that can continuously flow into the basin. the cold water will flow out into the toilet thru the openings on each side.
jules it is AMAZING how quickly you're healing. you're so lucky you've had an uncomplicated recovery! you and kim both!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Jules » 04 May 2009, 17:15

Allright.... have a question. It's day number 6 after my LIS surgery and I feel pretty good. Yesterday, the stitch came out and it seemed to be feeling really good so we went and took about a mile walk in town. It was a beautiful day in NC and you know I love the out of doors (being a cyclist and all). Now, where the incision was made seems to look more open and there is a little bit of drainage type stuff. Kinda brownish red and it feels more tender today than yesterday. Do you think the walking stirred things up a bit? Hope I didn't mess myself up! I've had three BM's today and each time used my sitz bath with Epsom Salt. Seems to be feeling better tonight than it did today. Will I be okay??? Good grief :(
Jules
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1