I'm a newbie here... need some advice

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: I'm a newbie here... need some advice

Postby Jules » 18 Apr 2009, 19:56

Hi neighbor Tootie! Thanks for the kind words about my accident. Yes, I seem to be handling the AF with the nitro for now. Had a good day today and I must say this is one of the first days in awhile that that thing didn't rule my life. I was able to get out and enjoy the sunshine and even put some flowers in pots to go on my patio. I still limp some from my accident but am walking without any ambulatory equipment. That's why this AF has just got to get better! I'm doing so much better from the accident that I just can't let this AF get me down. I don't really mind having the surgery if need be but I'm trying to give it a little more time. I promise I won't wait a year. I'm going to give it a few more weeks... we'll see! Hope you're doing well. I'm waving to you neighbor Image
Jules
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Jules » 18 Apr 2009, 20:05

Hi Fissulyna! Thanks for the kind words about my accident. Also, no I didn't have a bad experience with my GA in October it's just that it seems to take a long time for that stuff to get out of my system. Also, I'm still not walking the best due to my accident and I worry some that I may stumble and fall. Of course hubby would be with me but we've been through so much these last few months that I just dread the whole surgery scene!!! Yikes! Like I mentioned before I can't believe I got hit by a car... survived... doing better... and now this little AF is trying to rule my life Image
Jules
Fibre Addict

Postby Jules » 18 Apr 2009, 20:10

Okay, Kim, I applied today just a little further up... we'll see how that works. Had a great day today... so far. It was 78 degrees here in NC and the sunshine was beautiful! Forgot I even had an AF as I spent most of the day outside. You know I'm just biting at the bit to get back on a road bike but at least I can walk and enjoy the outdoors now!!! I won't let this AF rule my life!!!
Jules
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 5 » 19 Apr 2009, 02:23

No, don't let it get you, because it's too easy for that to happen Jules! Nothing like a beautiful spring day to reset your focus! Image Let us all know how you think the deeper application is working out.
Deleted User 5

Postby pinky » 20 Apr 2009, 15:13

Hi Jules,what a nightmare it mustve been for you going through so much.And now,AF.But im glad the nitro is making a difference and you are coping ok.
I was very scared of GA but now i kinda like it.im knocked out and everything's over when i wake up.its only for 30-45mins.the one who had for your surgery will definetely be longer and will have more lasting effects than for LIS.
Hope you heal with the nitro.
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby Guest » 20 Apr 2009, 18:35

I am so glad you had a good day. Aren't those so wonderful? I have my UNC tshirt on in my avatar. Go tarheels. They totally reign the NCAA.
It does add insult to injury to survive a devasting accident and then have a fissure on top of it. But once you heal and are able to take away the risk factors (ie the constipation, straining, etc) you should go on to do great things with your butt.

Postby Jules » 21 Apr 2009, 17:27

Hey everyone!!! Just wanted all to know I went back to the doc today and I decided to schedule my LIS surgery. I'll have the surgery next Tuesday... I believe that's the 28th. My surgeon says it's a pretty simple procedure and he expects me to do just fine! I'm thankful to everyone that has posted their experiences and I have read them every one. I've got a positive outlook and feel that that will help me to finally heal and get this behind me and my behind feeling much better!!! lol! I'll keep you posted as I recuperate. Thanks AF buddies!
Jules
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 5 » 21 Apr 2009, 17:48

That sounds like a plan, Jules! Wow, that is pretty quick notice. Image
Your surgeon makes it sound like a cakewalk. I hope it is, Jules -- but recovery can be rocky the first week or so, so make sure you take that into account. Mhy CRS gave me 2-3 weeks recovery though I was able to return to work in about 1 1/2 weeks.
Make sure you keep us posted on your progress!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 21 Apr 2009, 18:25

Good luck, Jules! Thanks for keeping us updated!

Postby cherylk » 21 Apr 2009, 18:50

Jules,
Best wishes for your upcoming surgery. As Kim stated, please keep us updated on your progress. Seems more and more people here are getting LIS.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46