I'm a newbie here... need some advice

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: I'm a newbie here... need some advice

Postby Fissulyna » 21 Apr 2009, 19:03

Oh my , oh my , I am so excited for you Image Image Image
I am so happy that you found a good CRS and that he is so confident, that means that he did a LOT of LIS surgeries and you really should be fine Image . You went through so much pain - post op will be nothing for you !!! 28 is "good number" LOL, according to Chinese numerology ; ))) , so all is going "for you" , dear Jules Image !!!
I wish you luck with it all and may you heal once and for all Image
Keep us posted - definitely : ))) - we are the butt-pain busters squad Image , seasoned and with scars to prove it LOL !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 23 Apr 2009, 08:00

Good for you, Jules !!
A wise decision Image You have suffered more than enough and I am sure LIS will be the complete and forever fix you need Image

Postby Guest » 28 Apr 2009, 03:52

Wishing you the best of luck for your surgery today, Jules !
Keep us posted Image

Postby cherylk » 28 Apr 2009, 06:16

Best wishes, Jules!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Jules » 28 Apr 2009, 15:19

Hello everyone! Well.... today was the day! I had LIS surgery about 10:00 am EST and so far so good. I arrived back home about 12:00 noon and went to bed. I slept until 3:00 pm and it's now 5:00 pm and I'm feeling okay. I guess you could say I'm a little sore and don't know what to expect tonight but right now I'm good. I haven't taken anything for pain but a Tylenol. Like I said, not sure what tonight or tomorrow might bring but my brain is relieved from that awful AF. I fought the fissure and I won... I think! lol! I'm going to keep thinking positive and look forward to riding my bike again one day. If I was able to be hit by a car and survive this should be easy, lol! Say a little prayer for me that my night will go smooth and tomorrow will be the beginning of continued healing. Thanks everyone for being there for me. Don't know you all personally but feel we have so much in common that you're my best friends right now. Hope things are going well for all my AF buddies! Will report again soon.
Jules
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby cherylk » 28 Apr 2009, 15:22

Good wishes for a smooth recovery, Jules.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Deleted User 5 » 28 Apr 2009, 15:27

Wow, that is fantastic news, Jules! You have taken the big plunge for healing! Image
I was hoping you'd be able to log in today and let us all know how it went!
Tomorrow, in all likelihood, will not be too terribly smooth (but it *might* be!) as all the meds will be wearing off and you'll get the real sensation down there that you've been cut. It will probably feel VERY sore, but *sore* and not like intense AF pain.
Stay on whatever diet you have been on, for today and the near future so you will stay as regular as possible and you hopefully can go ahead and get that first post-surgery BM done and out of the way. Make sure you jump right into a hot bath right after the BM so whatever pain or soreness you do get will get soothed.
Here's hoping you have a super-dooper recovery!
Deleted User 5

Postby Jules » 28 Apr 2009, 17:24

Me again here.... I'm not sure I'm posting these notes to the right place exactly but it looks everyone is seeing them so that's good. Well... it's about 7:30 pm and still doing okay. Question though... I'm a "visual" type person and just had to take a peep and it looks like I was cut on the outside and there seems to be a stich there. I may be wrong but I'm thinking they go inside there and make the cut. I just don't know. He told hubby it was about a 3/4 inch cut. Does this sound right? I'm seeing a little blood but it's watery looking and nothing like the AF would produce. What do you think AF buddies? I'm just laying around on the couch and thought I'd log back in and see if ya'll (you know my southern slang) could tell me your experiences. Also, just so you'll know... I have a very high pain tolerance... maybe that will help :)
Jules
Fibre Addict

Postby Jules » 28 Apr 2009, 17:26

I love you guys!!! Image for all my well wishes!!! Ya'll are the best!!!
Jules
Fibre Addict

Postby juney » 28 Apr 2009, 17:49

i had a bit of gore around the anus after LIS...not nearly as much as after fissurectomy though. ick looked like a bomb exploded after that one. for LIS they have to open it really wide to get inside i think, so it's not going to look normal for awhile. it also depends on if you had a skin tag removed as that contributes to more blood and "open wound".
you're lucky you have a high pain tolerance! you should recover well
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36