I'm a newbie here... need some advice

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: I'm a newbie here... need some advice

Postby Guest » 28 Apr 2009, 17:59

Good luck, Jules. Don't be alarmed if it gets worse before it gets better. Though you had LIS you still have the fissure to recup from but this will allow your bum to heal since that area has now been surgically relaxed.

Postby Fissulyna » 28 Apr 2009, 18:13

Hi Jules - CONGRATS on your new and improved butt Image Image Image !!!
YES - the cut is OUTSIDE . They go through outside to make a cut on internal sphincter inside- alas the name "Internal" sphincteretomy. Not because they cut from inside but because they cut INTERNAL sphincter, and they have to come to it starting by cutting skin by the anus outside. The 3/4 cut refers to the length of the cut they made ON the sphincter inside and it correlates to the place and size of the fissure and the amount of the tightness. Your outside little cut will heal VERY soon - usually stitch is not even needed Image. That cut heals so fast that many members who look at the butt just 2 or 3 days later can not even notice it LOL and wonder where the cut was made Image . So, yes, you are one of the rare ones who saw it actually : ))) !
After my first LIS , I had almost no pain, Tylenol was enough to completely take it away. There was some swelling and small bruise , but I also had fissurectomy. My first poop was really uneventful - I was flabbergasted - it was some dull ache but 100th of the pain of acute fissure and I was on the seventh cloud Image.
My second LIS was much more painful, but I had 7 cuts done at that point (2 skin-tags removed, fissurectomy again, and 3 centenial piles removed ...), so, I do not think it could be given as a example of a LIS procedure Image LOL.
Anyways - since you have no pain still, I am sure that you will not be in much more pain tomorrow and just keep your poop soft and take sitz-baths and keep it all clean (check on the mirror the status of the cleanliness LOL- I did and if I found anything there I would gently remove it with a q-tip dipped in water or Balneol, or Chamomile , does not matter - just keep it nice and clean and dry : ). My CRS told me that I healed ahead of schedule just because I kept it so clean - and besides - it will make you more comfortable anyway. Poop and discharge can cause skin irritation, itching, burning and such.
I wish you super fast healing Image Image Image and may you be pain free forever Image !!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Jules » 28 Apr 2009, 19:24

Hi guys! Thanks for all the info! Fiss... loved your story as it sounds like the first experience you had was like I expect mine to be. I really think I'll be in pretty good shape and don't believe I'll mind the pain as it sounds like nothing compared to the fissure pain I have experience for months. I'll be online in the morning to give my update.
Many thanks to you Kim, Tootie,Juney and Cherylk too! All the notes were wonderful to read. I'm still recuperating from my bike accident surgery and sitting at home day in and day out by myself alot of the time as hubby is working. I love reading all your post as it's almost like talking on the phone. Love to you all!!! Nighty night from North Carolina!
Jules
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Jules » 29 Apr 2009, 10:17

Well, I made it through the night really well and mostly what I fell is sore, sore, sore! It is indeed a different feeling like some have said than the fissure. I was given some pain meds to get filled but haven't done that. I'm just taking Tylenol and it seems to be working fine. I ate soup yesterday after surgery, ate some oatmeal this morning and planning to have more soup today. I'm keeping food light and haven't had my first BM yet. Wonder how that will go.... yikes! No, I'm not scared really just wondering about the unknown. I took a little bit of Miralax yesterday about 6:00 pm just to make sure things would be soft. I don't have much of an appetite so I just drank some Ensure. I've kept that on hand since my pelvis surgery and drink some for the vitamins and energy every three or four days. Works great!
Well, I'm just sitting around on the couch on a super soft comforter watching some mindless TV. I guess it's relax time like some have said. I really appreciate all the notes on the forum and some of you guys really helped me make the decision to go ahead with the LIS surgery. I, too, would recommend it to anyone who has been having issues with their AF. Finally, for the first time in a long time, I'm not talking so much about it just contemplating the few days it will take the soreness to subside like my surgeon said. He was great and I really trust that he is telling me the right thing. I feel good!!! Image
Jules
Fibre Addict

Postby cherylk » 29 Apr 2009, 10:56

I am Ensure lover also. It helped me put weight back on, and I am no longer worried about being too thin. I have gained 15 pounds!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 29 Apr 2009, 13:43

I am so very happy for you Jules ! Image
You are kicking ass in recovery Image
I think that positive attitude of yours will see you through this once and for all ImageImageImage
The thought of that first BM is scarier than what it is, HONEST ! I am sure others will agree !
Just relax over these next few days , keep weight the of your bum bum and revive !
Heres to healing Jules Image

Postby Guest » 29 Apr 2009, 17:58

That is fabulous and yes you do have an awesome attitude despite all you have been through. One day at a time, sistah, that is all we can do.

Postby Jules » 30 Apr 2009, 12:53

Well it's day 2 after my surgery and I'm happy to report that I'm doing pretty good. I had my first BM this morning and it was okay. I had been dreading it but I'm happy to say there was no pain. I got right in the tub afterward and sat there for about 15 minutes or so. I'm still very sore from the surgery but I'm very glad I went ahead and had it.
Jules
Fibre Addict

Postby Jules » 30 Apr 2009, 13:08

I agree Cherylk... Ensure is very good! So, you've always been too thin? Have the docs been worried about you? Was there some kind of medical problem that caused you not to be able to gain weight?
Jules
Fibre Addict

Postby Jules » 30 Apr 2009, 13:13

You were right Tabby! That first BM turned out to be smooth compared to having BM's before LIS. What a difference!!! Image
Jules
Fibre Addict