Its so hard to keep it up!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Its so hard to keep it up!

Postby small_flower » 10 Dec 2007, 15:44

Hey guys,
This is just a general post. I am kind of frustrated....or remain frustrated, because fitting 25-30 grams of fiber into your diet every day is very very hard. I get so envious of other people eating whatever they want. I think part of me resists it and then pays for it later. There was a little bit of blood in my stool yesterday. I hope that I can get back on track before it is too late. I don't want to have to get another surgery. :(
I just get so frustrated with the whole thing. I just wish it was something that I could leave far behind. Unfortunately I realize that the condition requires life long care. Its just difficult for someone my age. Going out to eat, the bars, staying over peoples places, going on trips....it all requires extra planning and i find it very annoying. Image
i guess i just needed to vent to people who would understand. The surgery fixes things, but its up to you to keep it fixed.
kate
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 62

Re: Its so hard to keep it up!

Postby buttgirl » 10 Dec 2007, 16:23

I know what you mean. I have started taking fiber supplements with me wherever I go so that I can make up for those meals where there isn't as much as I think there should be. I would prefer to manage all throug diet alone, but with my job, that just isn't a possibility, so i need the adjuncts.
How are you feeling after the blood? Are you in pain?
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby small_flower » 10 Dec 2007, 16:28

No, I haven't really been in any pain. I can just tell that its starting to be a problem again. I feel pretty good. I've been taking baths for the past two days. Trying to eat more fiber and drink more water. Im not in pain, and thats important, but I know that an absence of pain doesn't necessarily mean things are hunky dory. So I am desperately trying to get back on track. Its just such a nuisance.
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby juney » 11 Dec 2007, 10:25

i know how you feel kate. i'm actually still having pain, not bleeding, and it is very discouraging to have a few good days and then another set back. i'm young like you and i know how much havoc this can wreck on our social life. i can't stay at anyone's house anymore, except my boyfriend, b/c i need to be near my bathtub and have all my supplements and i'm just more comfortable using my own toilet. it's life-changing, that's for sure.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby small_flower » 11 Dec 2007, 10:46

You said it. I feel the same way. I have all of my high fiber foods in the cabinet at my boyfriends house, but i try to avoid using his bathtub (he doesn't really clean much...eww..) It totally wreaks havoc on our social lives. Its frustrating thats for sure. People don't seem to understand why you wont have a drink or why you hesitate to eat a piece of pizza...but its not exactly something you want to explain in front of a group of people who would probably secretly think that our condition is really gross. I'm still a bit embarassed about it actually. It depends on who I am with though. Those closest to me know and obviously have no problem with it, but its not something I'm going to be yelling in the middle of a crowded public area. Lol.
small_flower
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby juney » 11 Dec 2007, 10:53

only 2 of my friends know what i've been dealing with (1 is my roommate) and i only recently told them. i still don't think they understand what it actually is. other than that, not even anyone in my family knows other than my parents. and no one at work! i'm so embarassed of this. i don't want anyone only thinking of my butt problems when they see me. once it's all over and i'm healed (if that ever happens!!) then maybe i can tell the story and we can all have a laugh.

i think you and i are both so lucky to have boyfriends who are supportive of us, because trying to date at our age with a fissure would be impossible! can you even imagine?! Image
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 11 Dec 2007, 11:23

Yeah, I can't imagine having to date with this thing. At which date do you bring it up? Unless the other person has it already. Gareth was joking around on another thread we should set up a matchmaking service for people with fissures!!

It is tough to keep on a routine and do the things you want. I had family here on and off the last month and felt scrutinized a bit and then I overdid it trying to make everybody feel comfortable.

I can sympathize with you guys. Just gotta get back on that horse and do what you know to do.