Jen -relax!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Jen -relax!

Postby val » 27 Aug 2008, 00:52

iamtiredofthis wrote:Did anyone get really bad itching after LIS?- I dont remember bad itching after LIS, i expected it to but it didnt. Its usually a sign of healing, or a yeast infection.
How long did it take for the incision to heal? - I didnt look at mine!! and I had a fistulotomy and tag removal too, so its possibly different, but I felt back to normal about 3 weeks.
Kim - How many day/weeks did you have the stinging for? It stings so bad and your right - the only thing that stops it is a bath!!- about 2 weeks.
Did anyone get any skin tags from the surgery trauma itself???- no
Did you have any drainage? If so, what did it look like?
- mine bled, slowly lessening each day for 2 - 3 weeks.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby val » 27 Aug 2008, 00:54

sorry, made a complete balls-up of the "answer with quote!"
val
King Fissure

Postby Corsi » 27 Aug 2008, 02:00

Lecia
Isn't it the "No LIS, more Botox..." thread? Will write there now...promise!
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Jen » 27 Aug 2008, 05:53

Fiss - It is in a really weird spot and it is totally freaking me out. I am actually starting to get really mad at my doctor. The incision (which is the only thing this could possibly even be) is a large cut maybe in the 10:30-11:00 position. I have no idea why this guys did not put the cut more laterally. There is no blood when I wipe, however, ever time I pull the skin apart there is always fresh blood. Weird huh?
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Deleted User 5 » 27 Aug 2008, 05:58

Hi Jen! My bleeding was always fissure related, not from the incision. So it got better and better as the healing progressed.
Trying to remember, the stinging was much better for me after about a week or so, getting better each day.
How was the stinging today, Jen? Any bleeding?
BTW, I never had a skin tag...happy healing!
Deleted User 5

Postby val » 27 Aug 2008, 05:59

it might not be weird - its just you haven't got many people to compare it with as most of us, except brave Fissy, didn't look at it!
If it works, and heals you, then I wouldn't be too concerned what it looks like.

How are you today?
val
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 27 Aug 2008, 06:02

Dear Jen
Fantastic you were able to go to school, that’s amazing !!
May you continue to improve every day Image
xx

Postby Jen » 27 Aug 2008, 06:08

I have not had a BM yet today guys! :(
I forgot to ask one more thing....Did anyone ever have occasional stinging out of the blue - periodically through out the day?
Fissy - you never told us what you did the other night for your anniversary? I like your picture!
Kim - I forgot to tell you that I never had a tag either. I am just swollen now so it looks like I have a bunch. Whenever I see these animated fissure charts or pictures at the doctors office - none of them look like mine, because mine is just a huge papercut on my bum that never wants to stay healed!
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby val » 27 Aug 2008, 06:19

it does sting for quite a while at odd times! Also, as it heals, you may find you get weird stabbing kind of pains out of the blue too!

Dont worry about the BM!!
val
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 27 Aug 2008, 06:40

Jen,
Your system may be still getting over the effects of the surgery and GA and it can take awhile for bms to be more productive. I understand what you are going through. I have upped my medication and now feel binded and constipated though I try to tell myself it is temporary and your body will get rid of the poop!

Don't pull apart the skin because it is very fragile. That is what is making it bleed again. Just try not to mess with the area as little as possible. Maybe just wash off with a shower head too instead of wiping. Or one of those peri-anal cleaner bottles they give out at the hospital on the L&D floor.

Hope you have a great day and try not to worry!