Jen -relax!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Jen -relax!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 26 Aug 2008, 12:45

Jen, I am sorry I have not been able to post much for the past several days and most of all I have felt guilty about not being around to give you added support during your recovery. But I see there has been no shortage of support around here!
From what I have read, you seem very worried and even upset. Maybe I can ease your mind some (are you a little OCD about worry, just kidding!) Image
The stinging after the BM is normal, I had it and it usually took 5-15 minutes for it to settle down after a BM, I always jumped in hot water or a hot tub right after a BM and took my mepergan *before* the Bm to keep this to a minimum. Don't worry, it will get better in just a few days! I am sure!
I have a few questions for the LISers -
1. Did you feel like you had swelling down there? I feel like I have a piece of paper in between my butt or a small ball. Do you all ever remember feeling this???
2. How long did you bleed for?
3. Did you guys ever sit on a heating pad? I don't know if that would make it worse or better?
4. Did anyone attempt to look at the incsicion? I think mine is in a weird place. It looks like it is on my posterior end compared to ware it is supposed to be (laterally) It actually looks like I have the worlds largest fissure on that end (the opposite end of where my original fissure was) I can only assume this is not a fissure and is the incision. Maybe with the swelling, it looks dislocated. It is still oozing blood.

1. Yes, but to me it felt like a leathery pad down there. That may last about 3 weeks, so don't give up the ship!
2. I bled less and less for about two months, each week saw less. but even now if I have a really hard BM I might bleed, from time to time. Don;t let the blood worry you, your fissure is not nearly healed yet, but "WHAT ABOUT YOUR SPASMS??"
Are they gone?
YAY! Image
Now that your sphincter is relaxed, blood is flowing to your fissure, those little platelets are damming up the dike, and in about 1 -2 months that booger is gonna close up and get better! But you still have the fissure, in a healing environment, not a tight one...
3. Yes, lets talk about sitting, Jen! The heating pad is OK, but sitting....
WHY ARE YOU SITTING????? Get off your butt, it just got cut last week, lie down! Don't put all that pressure directly on your incision by sitting. Wait another few days and then slowly work back into sitting, but avoid it now, and lie around and rest!!
4. Now, why on EARTH would I want to look at the incision? Right after the trauma of surgery, and the cut, it is gonna look BAD!! To be honest, I never really tried to look at my fissure, either, that was the Dr.s job! But I can't fault anyone for wanting to see their fissure. But *you* don;t need to see anything right now, let it heal some and don't sit on it (anymore than you must!)
I could send you a photo of my healed anus, if you like.,.. NO I AM JUST KIDDING (see Lecia's post from yesterday!) Image Image Image Image
But seriously, relax some. Do you still feel 80% improved? expect some trauma and stinging during BM, your butt is a mess right now, a chocolate mess (remember the M&M's commercial!) but now it can heal.
Sorry I wasn't around. I am now, so fire away with questions and I'll get back to you pronto, girl!!
Deleted User 5

Re: Jen -relax!

Postby Corsi » 26 Aug 2008, 12:49

Wise man! Listen to him Jen..... Image
Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby buttgirl » 26 Aug 2008, 15:11

i agree
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 26 Aug 2008, 15:17

Yeah, Kim has always been a voice of reason for me.

I hope you feel better, dearest!

Corsi-is there a thread about your botox, girl?

Postby Jen » 26 Aug 2008, 17:45

Thanks Kim! Image
Yeah, you know me too well already - I am totally OCD and type A personality all the way! Image
Thanks for all the answers buddy! I wish I would have never looked at it. I was feeling good until I saw it. I am now back on my happy pills after I saw it. It looks like someone took a shotgun to my butt! I really hope all these weird swollen tags don't stick around, the incision sit oozes all the time, and my butt hole looks huge! I guess that is a good thing - the only other butt I saw before mine is my sons (with diaper changes), and his little newborn baby butt hole was larger than mine - which is probably why mine ripped all the time!
I think my spasms are gone. The hole is larger and sorry for this TMI - but when I look in the toilet I can not believe I got such a huge turd out with so little trouble. If you remember, I was uncertain about my spasms from the begining, but the doctor always told me they were really bad. My fissure was not inflammed at the time of LIS, so I feel like I am in more pain now than right before LIS.
I am sitting occasionally and its ok because it is not painful. I went to school for 2 hours today to get out of the house and I had a good time. We have breaks every 45 minutes and I would stand the whole time. I guess it made me forget about my murdered butt for a couple hours so I am happy.
Thanks again buddy! I am sure I will have about 10 more questions each and every day until it is healed!
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Guest » 26 Aug 2008, 19:00

Jen,
Hang in there listen to the voice of reason "Kim" he is the "Godfather" of this forum. Are you feeling well today? Going to school is a good idea, it helps you keep your mind off the butt! I will be thinking of you. Image
Patty

Postby cherylk » 26 Aug 2008, 19:04

Jen,
I'll keep praying for healing for you.
Cheryl
P.S. Try to relax--I know it is not easy.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby happyass » 26 Aug 2008, 19:33

i am glad you are getting to be a bit more relaxed about your butt jen.
keep up the good work and just remain calm and let the healing take its course.
you'll have a nicer look butt in no time!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Jen » 26 Aug 2008, 21:17

Thanks everyone! What would I do without you??? Image
Ok...so I have a couple more questions -
Did anyone get really bad itching after LIS?
How long did it take for the incision to heal? Kim , I know you said you bleed for a couple months, but was that the in the fissure or the incision? My insicion is a huge gaping wound and I can't ever see this thing closing -really! It is so strange! Fissy's was so small!
Kim - How many day/weeks did you have the stinging for? It stings so bad and your right - the only thing that stops it is a bath!!
Did anyone get any skin tags from the surgery trauma itself???
Did you have any drainage? If so, what did it look like?
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Fissulyna » 26 Aug 2008, 23:24

Dear Jen - I did not have itching. I had burning, and it mostly came from my newly formed tags that were irritated for many weeks , calmed down and than are now again irritated.
My LIS incision closed in 2 days, place where fissurectomy was done about 5-6 weeks. I do not know Jen what your gapping wound might be : ( - maybe it is not a LIS incision at all : ( ?!? It is very unlikely that he would cut 12 o'clock - I never found that in any medical papers - it is called "lateral" because it is done on the side Image Image Image
I had stinging after BM for couple of weeks - yes , baths always helped with it all.
My skin tags were negligible before the LIS- I think could not even be counted as a skin tags. After LIS mayor change happened in them - they became enlarged and stayed that way.
My drainage was from fissurectomy place - it lasted 2 weeks , was pinky in color and small in amount.
I hope I answered ll your questions :sprinkleheart:
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61