just diagnosed

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

just diagnosed

Postby Guest » 24 Sep 2007, 20:57

Crazy story. Had a yeast infection that i think travelled to my butt. Scratched it probably while sleeping. Woke up in the morning with low nagging pain. Applied clotrimazole (for yeast) and butt started burning. Thought i had a hemorrhoid which I had mildly during pregnancy 8 years ago. Bought this homeopathic remedy for Hemorrhoids. Took a pill everday, and pain in butt getting very intense. Up all night crying, took tylenol with Codiene - no help. Went to see my Primary Care doc. She says i have a bleeding hemorrhoid gave script for AnaMantle cream and told me to take Colace. I dont have constipation, I have regular normal BM's every morning. Went home and realized those stupid homeopathic pills i paid $40 for contained Cayenne pepper. No wonder i was up all night. I burned by poor butt with hot pepper! Used the AnaMantle, Prep H, witch hazel, I probably spent $100 on hemorrhoid stuff. Colace is giving me very loose stools. Now one month later and still in pain. Lost 10 lbs b/c i dont want to eat so i dont have to use the bathroom. pain after BM is agonizing. Now going every other day. Hot bath helps, but 10mins later back to pain. Cant sit at work. called doctor and got referal for CRS. Saw him today and he tells me I have a triangular shaped fissure with sentinel pile. Thinks its best to remove surgically. My problem-- i have a child who is severely disabled. I am his primary caregiver and have no other help except my husband who used up all his vacation days this year. If i get the surgery to cut the muscle and remove the sentinel pile, how long am i really going to be off my feet? My son is super hyper and very demanding. I am so scared to have this done. I almost fainted at the dr's office today.
appreciate any comments.
Vee

Re: just diagnosed

Postby Deleted User 5 » 25 Sep 2007, 06:19

I was told my recovery would take three weeks, and that is about right. So many people are back at work in just a few days, but it took me a week and a half, and I was still quite weak. Age is probably something of a factor in how fast you'll recover.
Recovery has it's ups and downs.
About how long have you had the fissure?
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 25 Sep 2007, 07:53

Thanks for your reply. Its been about 1 month now. I have script for 0.2% Nitro cream which I'll try tonite. This is pretty gross, but i found that having my BMs in the shower with hot water on my butt really helps. Now pain is reduced to a dull ache and not sharp knives. I'm really hoping i can heal this naturally considering i dont have a problem with hard BMs.

Postby Guest » 25 Sep 2007, 07:55

Wow-you have a lot to handle but my concern is that you do need to take care of yourself and your health first or you will not be a good caregiver to your son. I am a mother too, so I can sympathize with putting my children first and often at the detriment of my own needs healthwise at times, but I was given sage advice that I needed to take care of my health even if it meant I might be out of commission for a short while. The recovery for this I think is better than the pain you are living with every day.
I know it is difficult to do but I had to hire some help for awhile. Yes, it depleted our savings and we have some difficulties with that but without family we had no choice. I looked at it that way.
I am sorry you are having to go through this but please make sure to take care of yourself.
Lecia

Postby buttgirl » 25 Sep 2007, 10:00

I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. I couldn't imagine having to take careof someone else on my worst days. Even on my good days it would have been a chore.

I got botox rather than surgery and it fixed matters for me for the most part. It was reallly easy, just bent over in the CRS's office, literally. 5 mins later, I was in my car driving to a work luncheon. There was no recovery time. Perhaps this would be an option for you.

Also, I wanted to mention that at my work there is a sick-share plan, where people who have a lot of sick time stacked up can donate it to people who need extra time for one reason or another ( surgery, chronic illness, death in the family, etc...) Perhaps, your husband could inquire about this and maybe even work on establishing such a plan.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 25 Sep 2007, 11:35

Thanks for all your support. I knew my health would take a dive soon b/c i've been under some intense stress lately. Just never dreamed it would be my butt! I rarely have time for myself and hadnt been to the dentist for 2 yrs so i've been waiting for a toothache. Now a root canal seems like a walk in the park compared to this.
I contacted the division of developmental disabilities and they are working on trying to find some respite workers should i have to get the surgery.
this is agreat site, its not like you can call up your friends and discuss your butt with them!

Postby Guest » 25 Sep 2007, 17:18

Good for you! I am glad you put the call in for help. Even if you didn't have health problems I know that it is important for you to take care of yourself particularly when you are in such a stressful situation.
I have talked to my friends and family about my butt issues but I try to move on when their eyes start to glaze over! Image

Postby juney » 26 Sep 2007, 09:38

on some of my worst days, i can't even pet my cat let alone take care of a child. it's so easy to become depressed and focused on the pain. i don't see how those of you who have kids do it with a fissure! it's inspiring to me that you can manage to be self-less when dealing with something this horrible.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 01 Oct 2007, 14:43

Hi all, getting a second opinion tomorrow about the surgery with older more experienced CRS. Taking the nitro cream 3x daily and actually feeling better. Dont want to jinx it tho. Butt still sore after BMs but not agonizing. the days i dont go to the bathroom, ( i go every other day) i feel almost normal. Havent had any bleeding for a week.

Postby Guest » 01 Oct 2007, 17:57

I am so glad to hear that you feel better. That must be a relief to only go every other day if that is normal for you. I know on the rare days that I skip it is freedom except for the worry of "why didn't I go to the bathroom, am I constipated? Will it hurt more tomorrow?" questions.
I hope you continue to feel better and that this new CRS will give you some good guidance and feedback!