Just for Fun

Need some comic relief?? Games and quizzes are here. Want to talk about your pets, your life, etc? This is the place!

Return to Quizzes, Games & Chat

Re: Just for Fun

Postby Fissulyna » 23 Oct 2008, 17:22

Ha ha haaaaa, well ,well - I did not know "it is your thing" your naughty boy - you like spanking (nudge -nudge) don't you , he he he ; ))) !!!
Well, I would be spanked if my Mom did not find whole situation with "baking a cat" hilarious and if she was on good terms with her mother-in-low he he. This way she did not let MIL have her way , ha ha, and my small butt was spared THIS time around . I was such impossible child - I had so many spankings - they just gave up LOL Last time they whooped my butt I was 4 and when my mom started spanking me I cried: " What are you doing !!!!! Don't you know how much it HURTS"?????!!! So she started laughing and could not do it- what can I say LOL - I was just too cute he he...
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Deleted User 5 » 23 Oct 2008, 17:47

Well, before we have certain people here thinking I'm a child-beater, I better speak up and make it known that I am against striking children physically as a punishment!
That said, I think you should act upset when kids do crazy things that are damaging or potentially dangerous because really, it's how they learn.
Kids have no innate fear of snakes for instance, but learn to fear them due to other people's reactions...a good thing for the most part!
I must not have been very cute...I got my share of spankings!!
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 23 Oct 2008, 19:35

Oh, I think that there should be a strong distinction between 2or 3 light slaps on a little tush and a BEATING of a child LOL !!! Kim- buddy -relax LOL Nobody here in their right mind would think that of all people YOU would be a child - beater - are you kidding me ???? Image
Children need discipline by all means !!! I DEFINITELY needed it - LOL. I definitely am not "damaged" by my tush being spanked LOL, if I was that traumatized I would not dare to ask my Mom what she was thinking Image I remember those times as funny and I do not know ANY of my friends went through childhood without spanking ! It was never first "line of enforcement" , but after all warnings and standing in the corner failed - butt was attacked LOL ! I was so curious and so full of ideas and had a such a big imagination - that it was impossible for my parents too keep up with all possibilities of what mischief I would come up next , and as very clever I also knew how to escape punishment most of the time LOL. BUT, it all payed off later - I was always the best student and won so many academic awards and matured VERY early.
So, one should be extremely careful not to "brake the spirit" of a "mischievous" child. If acts are really not mean, or disrespectful , but rather show ingenuity and curiosity - than I think approach should be different. I certainly knew how to "sit pretty" when needed LOL.
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Deleted User 5 » 23 Oct 2008, 19:44

Oh, *I* know what you meant, Fissy-girl, but I did want to cover my bases. And I agree with you, my kids were very mischievous but also very smart.
Kids just reflect the environment they were raised in, don;t you think. If they are really mean and disrespectful, well, it came from someone in their environment...they learned it, but all smart kids are gonna do things to experiment and test their boundaries!!
And I am sure your grandma got her boundaries tested a few times!
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 23 Oct 2008, 19:58

Ha ha ha- oh yeah - my Mom had enough of it all and my parents moved to another city LOL ! But, you know, I can not blame my grandma too much - she was just a product of
beginning of 20th century upbringing in German family where kids were NEVER pampered and were mortified of their parents !!! It was like Seig Hail , you know LOL !!! She was one of 6 and came from very affluent background where nurse-maids were more involved with kids than their parents and kids never had a meal at the same table as adults (well - I kind of understand that too LOL). They would graduate to the big table as they turned about 14 ! So, can you imagine being my grandma and having a grandchild like me Image . She would just cross herself and say : "Um Gottes willen..." Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 25 Oct 2008, 15:09

You were jesting in humour Kim ! Image
That made me laugh Fissy Image Smart girl you are for not baking the real feline !! Image
Mischievous children that have magic in there eyes.... I like that ! Image

Postby Deleted User 5 » 25 Oct 2008, 15:54

I like the witch & broom, Tabster!!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 27 Oct 2008, 08:51

Thanks Kim !
I love love love your avator , it sooo suits you !!
xx

Postby Fissulyna » 27 Oct 2008, 14:35

Ah nay ....it should have been an orange tabby kitten lol - than it would be Kim Image ! Not to mention that Calico is ALWAYS a female Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Deleted User 5 » 27 Oct 2008, 15:24

That is a MALE calico!!! Image
Did you know that occasionally calico's can be male? It's rare but it happens! In humans it's known as Klinefelter's syndrome. Two X's and a Y chromosome! Some people believe that other male cats will kill and eat male calicos.
But Admincat did not get eaten! Now he limits your access!
Last edited by Deleted User 5 on 27 Oct 2008, 16:30, edited 1 time in total.
Deleted User 5