Just had botox injections

Botox injections

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Just had botox injections

Postby JHH » 10 Nov 2013, 15:10

There is no right or wrong in this, but if you don't feel an inprovement in pain levels within 2-3 weeks after botox, it's likely because it has failed.

My burning was pretty much gone right after botox. It was replaced with soreness, fullness, shooting pains, irritation, itching and what not, but the horrible burning was gone. I was happy with the "trade".

From reading others experiences, I reckon this might have been a bit unusual, so don't loose faith just because you still have some burning pain. Going from 10/10 to 3/10 is a great improvement, and should give you confidence in botox is working its magic.

I'm sure you will see even more improvements if you can get consistent soft BMs, so keep up the good work!
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Postby Jessiek » 10 Nov 2013, 15:17

I didn't know Botox took awhile too but my friend who had it done for other reasons did at least 24-72 hours and then sometimes slowly gets better after a week or so...that's my hope. I'm sorry to hear you all have so much pain. My surgeon thinks I have anismus too but that's not a firm diagnosis. It's more from ruling things out. Anal stenosis comes from scar tissue narrowing your anal canal. Which is why I think it takes me so long. I spend 2-5 hrs a day in the bathroom (my bladder has now started to mimic the inability to get a big pee out too, just short bouts). I feel like I'm going crazy! You are right to eat the root veggies and such, I can't eat bran or that kind of fibre as it just makes things worse. Good luck to you all!
Jessiek
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Jessiek » 10 Nov 2013, 15:18

I have also heard that sometimes the first round of Botox doesn't work as well, so to try a second round.
Jessiek
Fibre Addict

Postby sugarspice » 11 Nov 2013, 13:33

Day 13

14.00 - Can't quite believe I am writing this and way too scared to get my hopes up but I had a BM (5/6..thank you new diet!) and I had no pain going, no pull up pain and NO AFTER PAIN AT ALL!!! I mean it's now 18.30 and I still feel NOTHING! Worried this is too good to be true and :pray: the next one will be the same?!!!

19.15 - Mmm not so good, BM was 6-7...eek! I had the burn at the end so imm ran a sitz bath. Wondering if the pain will last in to the night :-( I had a good look at the BM...as you do! and noticed what looked like dried apple pieces, so wondering if they are the cause. I am keeping a diary of what food causes what Bristols, so dried apples will go on the 7 list!!! Pain only lasted a few minutes, hooray!!
Last edited by sugarspice on 11 Nov 2013, 16:47, edited 2 times in total.
sugarspice
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby JHH » 11 Nov 2013, 14:30

Wheeee :D

That's awesome!!!. Don't worry about the next BM, it's a rollar coaster, and there will still be good and bad days. As long as the good gets better, and the bad gets fewer, you are on the right path. Just keep the BMs soft, and enjoy the progress.
- Got botox Jun '13
JHH

Postby sugarspice » 11 Nov 2013, 15:27

Thanks JHH you are so kind :D

Unfortunately just had to update the above, but as you say it's a roller coaster so fingers crossed!
sugarspice
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby JHH » 11 Nov 2013, 15:36

Sorry bout that SS, but at least you know how much it matters to get the BMs right. It was still a good sign, and a step in the right direction. You will get there!
- Got botox Jun '13
JHH

Postby vdb324 » 12 Nov 2013, 19:46

It's very interesting to hear others' stories and something to realize you aren't the only one going through it! Hope things continue to improve. I find out Thursday if it has done anything (I feel it has helped the pain, but am still having bleeding) or if I need LIS...
Feb. 2013 - Developed AF
July 2013 - Diagnosed AF;nifidepine lidocaine treatment
Oct. 2013 - 1st round of Botox & skin tag removal
Dec. 2013 - 2nd Botox
March 2014 - Spinchterotomy
June 2015 - Diagnosed with Pelvic Floor Dysfunction/Vulvodynia
vdb324
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 52

Postby sugarspice » 14 Nov 2013, 07:11

Day 14

No BM

Day 15

No BM

Day 16

08.00 - Had a 4/5 BM (no more oatcakes for me, after 4 days of them they bunged me up and created a hard BM, I knew porridge oats made me constipated but wanted to try a more 'ground' kind..oh well!) BUT it was PAINFREE!!!!!!!!! After about an hour I had some slight itching and a weeny bit of soreness but that was it!!! OMG, yay!!!!!!!!! :cheers:
sugarspice
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Jessiek » 14 Nov 2013, 11:14

Yay that's awesome!! Congrats! Its good to know what bungs you up! Just wondering if anyone experienced a lot of diarrhea after their Botox? I barely ever have it (constipation is my thing), but since Botox I feel so sick and have diarrhea. But I course I have a hard time getting it out cuz of my anismus/stenosis. I know that probably sounds crazy but it's true!
Jessiek
Fibre Addict