Just had botox injections

Botox injections

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Just had botox injections

Postby Rachael 1984 » 19 Nov 2013, 03:53

Hi SS,

I had really bulky BM's with psyllium Husk! My CRS suggested it, but I ditched it after a week or so. I find taking flaxseed in my porridge is much better and the flaxseed is more soluble fibre which is what you need to soften that stool. My dietician recommends flaxseed over everything else as it is natural too. She told me the fybogel supplements also contain chemical and sugars which trigger IBS. Hope all goes well with the CRS, keep fighting my sugar. Xxx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby sugarspice » 19 Nov 2013, 05:18

Day 20

10.00 - Just had a 2 on the Bristol Scale :wtf: , it hurt to go and it bled a lot afterwards. There was no burning pain though or spasms. Excuse my language but a f####ng 2!!!!! Goodness knows what damage it has done, some for certain as there was bleeding. Does this mean I have re-torn and was there no burning pain because of the botox alone? :sadd:

22.00 - Had another bad BM, was probably a 3 or 4, bled A LOT and it hurt to go, it hurt afterwards as well, but not the burning hell it has been before. Didn't want to deal with it so had a sitz bath, pulled the duvet over my head and went to sleep.
Last edited by sugarspice on 20 Nov 2013, 04:20, edited 1 time in total.
sugarspice
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 17

Postby Ever the Optimist » 19 Nov 2013, 15:25

Hi Sugar,
Sometimes these horrible hard BMs continue to hit us all - Trust me, I had one too at the weekend and that was not a nice experience! Have a thought to see if you might have "lapsed" on something (water/ fluids are really important right now - With the heating on with this colder weather, we hydrate more quickly) Did you eat something? Anything that might have been a little more binding too? ......It just happens sometimes, but don't fear the worse just yet - Just try and relax and see what happens. It's possible that you've not retorn at all but irritated scar tissue and at the worst, you might have a day or two of some increased discomfort. maybe soreness and still bleed a little too, but nothing will necessarily get even worse than it was before. Bleeding is never a sure sign of a retear!!! That is really important to try and remember - Several people with healing & healed fissures on this site have bled and have continued to bleed a little sometimes but their fissures continue to heal. It seems a truer indicator of healing, is in terms of your pain levels - If these are gradually decreasing and everything is becoming more bearable, this is a much better sign that healing is taking place. The Botox will still be working in your system, so this will be helping too - so just hang in there, stick to all your good dietary & toilet habits rigidly and just have faith that you will be OK :D
Take care & update us all x
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby sugarspice » 20 Nov 2013, 04:25

Thanks ETO, that's really helpful. I do know it was totally my fault. I had had a few pain free days and we decided to get a take-away on Saturday night. We had chinese so I went for bamboo shoot and waterchestnuts, seaweed and chicken satay. I wanted to try satay sauce as I knew ground down peanuts weren't too bad. Unfortunately the chicken was a bit rubbery and I saw that in my first bad BM (sorry if TMI) I also had some dark chocolate as really fancied it. On the Sunday I had dry roasted peanuts and more chocolate. In my last BM yesterday (just updated) I could see the peanuts. So it's almost certainly entirely my fault. I also tried physillium husk over the weekend and it made me feel terrrible, really bloated (think 7 months pregnant) and it made my BM's bigger than usual. I am back to my fruit, veg and fish now. I am wondering whether it would be a good idea to ask for LIS if my fissure is partly healed? Is LIS better than botox purely because it is permanant?
sugarspice
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby JHH » 20 Nov 2013, 11:46

Hi there SS.

So sorry to hear about your setback. It could very well be a small retear, but no burning is a good sign!

Don't feel down over this. Consider it a learning experience, and take more care in the future. Botox will still be active for 2-3 months, and that's plenty of time to heal up, even if you tore a bit.

Regarding psyllium husk, then the most important thing is to keep up the water, and not take too much husk, as it can bulk up your stool. I guess it's not for everyone, but as butt wrote, I'm having good results using it.

I think it's way to early to be thinking about LIS. You are responding great to botox (being pain free at 2.5 week is a great result, regardless what your CRS thinks) so give it a chance, and if you only heal partly, maybe another round of botox should be considered.

I'm sure you will be fine in a couple of months though, just stay clear of those hard BMs.

JHH
- Fissure developed in Jan '13
- Started rectogesic in Feb '13 and diltiazem Apr '13.
- Got botox Jun '13
- Healed by Okt '13, although I still had some irritation for about a year.
- New fissure April '22, healed June 2022
- New fissure 24. December 2023
JHH

Topics: 16

Postby sugarspice » 20 Nov 2013, 13:30

Thanks JHH for all your support, I really don't know what I would do without you all!!! :Rock:
sugarspice
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby sugarspice » 20 Nov 2013, 13:35

Day 20

10.30 - Hard BM to start with, then a 6...phew, my return to veggies and fish is working! It bled and was pretty painful to go but no after pain just discomfort.
sugarspice
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby sugarspice » 21 Nov 2013, 16:26

Day 21

21.15 - Very small 4 BM, had some quorn sausages (that's the only thing I have changed) ..bye bye quorn sausages. Bled a lot and it was painful :(
sugarspice
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby sugarspice » 23 Nov 2013, 04:16

Day 22

22.15 - 4 BM, bit of pain going and no blood

Day 23
09.00 - A 5 BM, pain going but no blood, but I did get the dreaded burn afterwards :blowup: luckily it only lasted a few minutes
sugarspice
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Rachael 1984 » 23 Nov 2013, 17:06

:smilyhug: Keep going my sugar, keep the routine and try to keep positive.xxx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!