Just had Fissurectomy & Botox

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Just had Fissurectomy & Botox

Postby Sunshine » 01 Apr 2014, 11:54

Hello all.
Well it's been 4 weeks today since my surgery, and everything was going great. I managed to get my BMs back to going every morning, and went back to work after two weeks. I work part time so made sure I still rested in the afternoons.

Everything was great, and then last week I had a few days of odd pain which needed a waterbottle to stop, and I noticed my morning smooth BM caused a bit of a kick on the fissure site.

The last few days, I have been more aware of pain again, and today has been the worst day since surgery!
I was at work this morning till 12.30, and the pain came and went. But when I got home, it really kicked in. I tried the water bottle, which did nothing, so then had a long hot bath, which still didnt take the edge off. So I then took pain killers, which is only the second time since surgery that I have needed to.
They have taken the edge off and I am now back on a hot water bottle as I write this.

I know 4 weeks is still early days after a fissurectomy & botox, but because I have been doing so well, it's a bit of a kicker when it goes the other way.
I dont know what is normal after this, so would welcome other peoples comments as to what they have been through after this.

Wishing you all love & Sunshine :sunny: XX
Sunshine
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Re: Just had Fissurectomy & Botox

Postby missy moo » 25 Jan 2018, 15:13

Hi I'm getting this done in 2 weeks how did you go since your last post? Did it cure your fissure?
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37