just to say hallo : )

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: just to say hallo : )

Postby val » 06 Dec 2007, 16:06

Hi Fissulyna,
just read this, sorry you're suffering so much,are you any better?How horrible for you to have to ache everywhere as well as deal with the AF.
I hope you feel better really soon.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 06 Dec 2007, 16:24

Do heating pads help with aches and pains? Is it worse in the winter?

I wish you were able to take something other than tylenol.
My neighbor has fibromyalgia and she had such a bad year that it hurt just to have anyone touch her. I can't imagine hurting all over. I'm sorry. How long do the fibro flares last at a time?

Postby Fissulyna » 06 Dec 2007, 17:24

Thank you Val for the good wishes ! XO I am not feeling any better regarding Fibro : (, once that daemon is out of the bottle it is so hard to tame it because it is basicaly systemic disorder and nobody knows how it comes, how it goes away or when or if ever : (. I had it 12 years ago and it disappeared after 2 years by itself after I had a very bad case of stomach flu ??? !!!! First year was the worst, than it started calming down slowly and than --- poooofff !!!! Go figure ! I declared a miracle ; ), and moved on with my life. BUT, here we go again : (. Anybody with a flu that I might visit ? ; )
Lecia, it is interesting that your neighbor also has it - so you know first hand how it looks like and what it can do to a person : (. Yes, heat helps a little, but when you have a bad period - nothing helps : (. Sleep is essential for feeling better - but you can't sleep because your whole body hurts so much . This time around it is even worse for me because it is concentrated in my back and neck to the point that I can't lay on my back at all, and I can only "sit pretty " - back strait and not touching back of the seat. If they do after couple of minutes muscles start spasming and put pressure on the nerves - than you get shooting pains to your legs and down your hands. Some of the joints hurt like crazy , like for me today it is left wrist - hurts like after a bad fall. When I walk I have knee pain and some pain in my feet. The worst are the muscles that connect my head to my shoulders on the back - they hurt like crazy - and radiate pain to the jaw occasionally or send tingling sensation to the scalp - I mean - one feel like posessed - that is the best way to describe it !!! Barometric pressure has the most impact on my flares - when rain is coming - I know it 4 days ahead with 100% accuracy (hmmmmm, maybe I can make some money with that....). First time around I "just" had generalized aches and pains all over - now it is much stronger and concentrated on the back and neck - in all spots where I had acupuncture niddles stuck !!!!!! I just can't forgive myself going there - but who would even dream that this would happen - oh well... I can go on and on , don't want to bore you guys to death - I hope it gives you some comfort that you at least don't have Fibro !!!!
HUGS TO ALL
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Deleted User 5 » 06 Dec 2007, 17:31

First time around I "just" had generalized aches and pains all over - now it is much stronger and concentrated on the back and neck - in all spots where I had acupuncture niddles stuck !!!!!! Maybe, in the end, that may be a good thing. Perhaps the areas that were riddled with the needles will eventually regain their integrity and you will get some relief? I sure hope so!!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 06 Dec 2007, 17:36

That is just horrible what you are dealing with. That is just so odd how the accupuncture set it off. It was supposed to help! Does the practitioner have any idea that you are in pain now because of it? Does it hurt to have anyone touch you? Have you ever heard of cranial-sacral therapy? I wonder if that would help you at all. I use it for my nerve pain and to try but it has many wonderful uses.
Here is a link about it: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Craniosacral_therapy

If you think you might be interested I can also post a website about how to find one in your area.

I understand that Lyrica has been approved for treating fibromyalgia. I wonder if that would help. There has to be something we can try to get you more comfortable.

My friend in Colorado has this too and it is tough because on the outside she looks perfectly healthy but at home it can be such an effort for her to get through the day. She says that walking on her treadmill helps but if you are in acute pain that might not be helpful at all. She got West Nile Virus which triggered a flare up and was sick for many months from that. Fortunately her husband can work from home a lot and help her with the kids.

Are you eating okay?

Postby Fissulyna » 06 Dec 2007, 18:59

Thanks Kim for trying to comfort me and give hope that those are also "heeling pains" XOXO !!! That was what my practitioner tried to convey - but you see, I don't buy it because I had no pains to begin with and healing pains usually don't last more than 2 weeks AT MOST : ((( I have it now for 3 weeks and it progressed from my tail bone , to the mid region, to the shoulders and now neck ! It is getting worse , not better : ((((, and I hope I reached culmination or I don't know what I will do : ((((.
Lecia , baby-doll, thank you for writing me today although you are also in so much pain , you should rest , really. I was so upset with my practitioner that I just sent my husband to get refund because I paid for 5 treatments as a package to get some discount. He talked to her and she said that she might try different treatments but one would have to knock me off with a sladge hammer to bring me to her again. She said that is highly unusual and that maybe needles went too deep because I am so skinny - well great - wouldn't one than try not to push needles too much if your client is skinny ??? I later went on the net and find out that acup. is not such benign procedure as one might think. There were death cases due to needles perforating lungs, pericard, etc., and also some permanent nerve damage if needle "shaves" the nerve by accident. Sometimes needle can brake off if muscle spasm (brrrrr..) and stay inside and aggrevate the area - can be seen by MRI. About 11% of patients have their condition worsen after treatment !!! I wish I did a research BEFORE but I can now only make myself crazy thinking about that, I have to look forward. Yes, Lecia, I would appreciate if you could post me a link for craniosacral therapist , I have to try something. I am also looking here for therapeutic massage for miofascial trigger points. I can't live lke this - my whole life is about taking care of my family and making home "homey" - I have to function or I will go crazy ! Well that drive puled me through fist time around - hopefully it will help this time too. I already "made myself " go to the younger ones concert last night although I was squirming in that chair because of pain like a worm on a hook, but wanted to see her happy that Mom was there and she couldn't believe her eyes how happy she was - that is my driving force, otherwise I would just crawl under a rock .
Lyrica is the first official drug approved for Fibro, well, this is a BIG step forward since it was only several years ago that medical community recognized it officially as a legitimate condition in Cpenhagen Convention - before that it was grossly misunderstood and even dismissed ! Especially because mostly women get Fibro - so male doctors attributed it to our "weak ability to withstand pain" or even worse ' That we invent stuff to get attention" - oh well , how pathetic and schovinistic those old geezers could get ???!!! My husband is worshiping me and with my good looks I certainly don't need "pity" attention ?!!?? Over 6 million people in the USA has Fibro - there must be an epidemic of attention deficit in this country @: P ...
BUT, even though we are "legitimate" now, it is almost impossible to find a doctor who is willing to work with Fibro patient - it only shows how slow medical community is to change and how hard prejudice die !
Have to walk a little around the house - I am getting stiff- ugh ... will write again <3 <3 <3.
LOVE YOU ALL
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 06 Dec 2007, 19:12

Hey Doll,
I understand your frustration with trying to find a doctor that will take you seriously. I had some doctors say I had post-partum depression and that the pain was in my head too. I think if it were manifested more in males it wouldn't have been dismissed. Research shows that women have higher thresholds of pain so that is rubbish that we don't handle pain well. Umm, childbirth, hello?!!! Menstrual cramps? Losing your virginity, etc, etc.

Here is the link to find a practitioner. http://www.iahp.com/pages/search/index.php#result
The OT that I see also does myofascial release on me so many of them are trained in that as well. I bet it will help you. She is working to unlock my pelvis to get the coccyx out of my rectum from when I fell 7 years ago. But my pelvis has been through so much pain it just locks down but it is improving. I feel like my hips are spacing out some and I move a bit better.

I am fine on the computer. I have it on the bed. I work from home lying on my stomach so it gives me an outlet to the outside world and with work and all that.

I know I live for my kids. I know if they weren't depending on me I would have crawled under a rock too. But I think with fibro being more recognized now and that the first drug has been approved for it treatment options will exist for you. I really believe in the cranial-sacral and myofascial release. I am bummed I had to cancel my treatment tomorrow because I am too sore to drive but I will go the week after next.

Are you sleeping and eating well? Do you still take klonopin? I wonder if it would help to increase the dose or if that would just knock you out.

Postby Fissulyna » 07 Dec 2007, 15:34

Thank you so much my sweet Lecia,
Your link is GREAT ! Not only I found OT practitioners in my area but discovered other techniques as well that might help ! I printed it all so I won't loose anything and now have to start calling around to make some app.
I can imagine you typing on your belly ; ), you should see my various positions now - can join the circus soon with all of the contortions I have to use since I can't be in one position more than 10 min. My "tail" is on fire since my acupuncture - I have some needles left - I swear !!!
I am eating OK, although I think mineral oil that I used for 3 months daily interfered with vit. absorption (A, E, D,), and Metamucil probably interferes with water soluble vitamins (C,B, etc), since there is a warning on it that it can interfere with medicine absorption - so I am taking extra vitamins now of all kinds as well as some herbs, enzymes etc. I will have to take Klonopin for life for my Burning Mouth Syndrome (unless another miracle happens , and my BMS goes away). No, it does not make me drowsy a bit because I am on it for 5 years now - I was drowsy first week of it only. Body adjusts - it is amazing how our bodies can adjust when they want (grrrrrr...), but when they don't they give us such trouble and pain. I am sleeping little bit better lately, I take Benadryl before I go to bad and 2 eight hour Tylenols for pain, so it helps. I wake up occasionally when I get stiff and have to change the position, but it is OK.
How are you doing today ? Is your "burning" better ? I surely hope so XOXO
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Guest » 07 Dec 2007, 16:12

Well, I am not any better today. :barney: But hanging in there!

Have you ever thought about taking Elavil? That is used for chronic and nerve type pain. I take it right before bed and it helps me sleep. It has been around a long time and was used as an anti-depressant years ago but now it is prescribed for pain syndromes.

I am glad the link was helpful. I think there are still a lot of things you can try to get your fibro under control. I think body work will be helpful and maybe trying out elavil or cymbalta or maybe even Lyrica could be useful. Let me know how your appointments go. I am excited for you. I think this could give you a breakthrough in your pain.

:teddyluv:

Postby Fissulyna » 07 Dec 2007, 19:32

Oh poor baby : ( , it sucks that it hurts still $^%^#!!! You mentioned that your husband had similar procedure - how long he was in pain ? Did you manage to get those suppositories from the pharmacy ? But, I bet they do not help much with pain - just with inflammation , I guess. My friend from Europe who is a doctor told me that there are pain medications in suppository form and was shocked that we all take them by mouth and risk ulcerations when half of it would be pooped out or peed out instead of treating area full strength locally - I wish she could come and go with me to the doctors here and give them some info about New Age treatments that exist in the civilased world !!! Oh, how I love your Barney emoticon, ha ha ha, didn't know should I cry or should I laugh !!!!
Thanks for mentioning Elavil XOXO ! Very good idea since it was offered to me when I got my BMS and I know it can be combined with Klonopen !!! I will call my PCP Monday (now they are closed). BUT, I have one good news : ), I made app. for massage for Monday !!!! The guy knows all different teckniques and he will first examine me and than decide what would be the best approach for me. Other comforting thing was that he said that he had a more than handful of cases with people ending like me after acupuncture so I don't feel like a freak of nature any more : (, and also it gives me hope that he might put in place what was misplaced during acc.
Oh my God, my neck is killing me - I tried to do some stretching and only made it worse ?!? HUMBAG !!!!! It will become one small blob on the sofa ...
I hope that you will wake up pain free tomorrow XOXO!!!! <3 <3 <3 Oh geeeeeeez, my neck is driving me NUTS - have an urge to take a knife and take those muscles out !!!!!!! I will try to hang upside down from the sofa to see if it might help relaxing them ..... I stink like Wicks from a mile !!!!! :_):
Fissulyna
VIP