LIS One Day Away

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS One Day Away

Postby rasmith3530 » 09 Apr 2012, 21:54

You do the same Sweet Carol Ann!
rasmith3530
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 10

Postby Davo » 09 Apr 2012, 22:59

Hi Rob,
Are you sure that the blood wasn't from the incision wound? I am now at 3.5 weeks post surgery but if i am a bit too vigourous with my cleaning i can sometimes get some slight spots of blood (mainly a pinkish colour) on the toilet paper afterwards.
Hope you're feeling well today
Davo
Davo

Topics: 42

Postby rasmith3530 » 10 Apr 2012, 00:47

Yeah Davo, I haven't seen any blood now for several weeks. My surgery was back on the 27th of February, and this was more than just a pinkish stain. I remember that being on the Tucks pds in the immediate weeks following.
What has me concerned was that I had BOTH pain and blood. One by itself might be a fluke, but together? We'll have to see how things go later today! For now, this cowboy is packing it in for the night!
rasmith3530
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby 44alegna44 » 10 Apr 2012, 15:59

hi rob, well it must be very reassuring for you to have had such a thorough examination/consultation at the VA clinic...I hope this lifts your spirits! It means so much to be in the hands of doctors and/or nurses who seem to genuinely care! Wishing you all the best with your tests and follow-ups :) Angel
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby rasmith3530 » 10 Apr 2012, 19:47

Thank you Angel, yes, it has. Aside from the AF stuff, I've been out of comish for almost ten months now due to something going on with my brain/nervous system. I have been quite dependent on others during this time, as I can no longer drive due to "blackouts" that I suffer. The doctors have been passing me around, like I'm the ball out on a soccer field. Since they have no concrete answers, I've been fed drugs like a lab rat, in the hopes that something will work. I've gotten to see the American health care - pharmaceutical - insurance cabal from the dark side, and it has not been a real joy.
My life as I've known it has been stripped from me and I'm now having to discover a new "normal." My domestic situation has been crumbling for more than a decade, and I realize at this point that the situation must change, which is not a comfortable prospect at either this point in my life or in the midst of everything else. Then of course, adding the fissure plus my back injury is just more fuel to the fire
So yes, finding a doctor who truly wants to find answers plus help advocate for me is a Godsend right now. I am finding new avenues of support and am coming up with new ways to feel value in my life. I've also made some really good friends along the way, plus maybe a special friend.
All I can do is to move one day forward at a time, putting one foot in front of another, and hoping that whatever force/power that holds the universe together will continue guiding me in a positive direction.
I do hope that you are feeling better as well. Hugs to everybody. You're all more wonderful than you can imagine.
Peace (and a comfortable bottom),
rasmith3530
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby rasmith3530 » 10 Apr 2012, 19:50

I should note that I haven't had another bowel movement yet to see whether the other day was a fluke, or a real setback. I'm hoping fluke, and I should know this evening.
rasmith3530
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby rasmith3530 » 12 Apr 2012, 07:53

I meant to post this last night but ended up forgetting to. I had my bowel movement finally, and thankfully, there was no pain and no blood, so it looks like it was either just a fluke, or the increased stress that came with the Easter holiday weekend and ongoing stressors at home.
On other fronts, saw my shrink and therapist a couple of days ago. Meds were adjusted once again, and was put on a sleeping pill to help with insomnia, nightmares and night time panic attacks related to PTSD. I am feeling a lot better in many ways. I am coming up with alternatives, just in case the cause/correction for my tremor/brain problem cannot be diagnosed or treated. At least my life is not looking quite so bleak, but I do still have my moments! As for my back and sciatica, I'm still waiting for release from my CRS to return to physical therapy, and also hope that I will be allowed to ride my bicycle.
I have continued both my diet by and large, and my use of Metamucil and MiraLAX.
All in all, I cannot really complain. I hope that everyone else is getting relief or recovering nicely!
rasmith3530
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby jr2 » 15 Apr 2012, 18:52

Rob,
I am so happy to come back to this site and find that you are doing so well after your fissure surgery and that at least this one area of suffering has improved for you. It is a sign of great things to come for you!
jr2

Topics: 15

Postby 44alegna44 » 16 Apr 2012, 20:18

Rob,
If you find inspiring at least one person valuable, then you have done so! Your story inspires me to keep moving forward and not to give up on myself or give in to the mental duress I feel I've been challenged with. Thanks for sharing with us Rob, you definitely are a wonderful example of courage and strength through adversity! I believe that those powers that be will have your back and get you through!
Hugs and best wishes,
Angel Image
44alegna44
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby rasmith3530 » 17 Apr 2012, 07:03

Thanks to both of you! Today is the day that I discover just how well my surgery has gone. I am oh so hoping that I at least get a green light to ride my bike. That would be wonderful beyond belief!
Everyone on this site who has touched me with their stories, both positive and negative, have helped me through "just one more day" at a time, as I at times struggled greatly.
Previously, I went to length about my tremor/brain issues. I still have no more in the way of a diagnosis and what it may take to correct and possibly reverse my symptoms. What I do have though are at least some general ideas regarding where my life will go from here. THAT in itself is a good thing. Whether or not I can pull off a "Plan B" remains to be seen. Today though, it is enough to simply have the possibility of alternatives to sustain me.
I am hoping that all on this site, both veteran and newcomer alike, find help and health through using the methods as I and others have documented, to find relief, and turn their own AF stories into successful outcomes.
Again, thanks to everyone who helped keep me going when I was deep in the depths of despair. And I do hope that everyone else is feeling improvement as I have.
Take care,
rasmith3530
Proctosphincteranalogist