LIS One Day Away

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS One Day Away

Postby Baba » 02 Apr 2012, 08:46

It might be helpful to eat a snack with protein before bed, to keep the blood sugar level normal while you sleep.
Anyway, glad to hear that your surgery was a success :)
Baba
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby workingonit » 02 Apr 2012, 09:24

Hey Rob,
So happy for you!
It must go a long way to not have butt pain on top of everything else.
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 02 Apr 2012, 11:09

rasmith3530 wrote:Hey all. I haven't forgotten you guys, just that I've been doing some different stuff with other health issues and didn't get a chance to get back.
Well, tomorrow will be one month (actually, tomorrow is today already)! I feel like a new person when it comes to my butt. Bowel movements are not painful, I'm no longer having any discharge of any sort, so I no longer have to use the Tucks and maxi-pads. I have mostly stuck to my diet, and I have avoided spicey stuff after the Jalepeno encounter. I have cheated a couple of times, like the Maxwell Street Polish Sausage I had today. Oh, it tasted so wonderful, but tomorrow, I'll be back tto my chicken and veggies. I've been trying to incorporate more in the way of veggies that are higher in fiber, as it would be nice to get off the Metamucil eventually. I'm going slow though.
Later today, I'll be going to the local Veteran's Administration clinic, for screening and an intake interview. I'm hoping that maybe they can figure out what's up with my head and the tremors, plus possibly have some different options for my back problem. We'll have to see. One thing that will probably help is that I should get some assistance with the cost of my medications.
Although my butt is feeling so much better, my mood has still been all over the place because of the other issues and my resultant lack of independence. It still sucks to be stuck at home most of the time!
I hope everyone else has had their rears healing well.

Rob, I wish you well with you visit to the VA clinic today. We have a very nice VA hospital here in our city - and my brother gets wonderful care there. If it weren't for the VA care he gets, I don't know how he'd survive. He gets his meds through them, too - at little cost (I'm not even sure he has to pay for some of the meds - but I'd have to ask him about that).
As to the backside, mine is much, MUCH better - and I'm glad yours is, too. I feel like I've been in the trenches since last October - and that is finally ending - at least, I sure hope it's ending. It's taken me every bit of two-plus months to get past this surgery - but I've felt pretty good for the past week or so, almost normal. --- The one thing I can't shake is the fear that the pain will come back. I think I lived with the AF nightmare for so long, that I can hardly believe it would be gone for good. Of course, I realize I'll have to watch my diet and take fiber, indefinitely, but that's okay.
Two nights' ago, I went out with my family to a restaurant, for the first time in many, many months. It felt so strange - and so wonderful - to be there, out among the living! But all I could think of was people's rear ends! I wondered how many people in that crowded restaurant had ever suffered from a fanny problem . . .
Maybe one of these days, I won't think about that, anymore . . .
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Topics: 11

Postby Davo » 02 Apr 2012, 13:47

Sweet,
Just out of curiosity.... What is a fanny?
Davo
Davo

Topics: 42

Postby workingonit » 02 Apr 2012, 14:02

Lol!
My hubby used to live in England and explained to me what a 'fanny' is over there.
Over here we are politely referring to our butts :D
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Davo » 02 Apr 2012, 14:47

Ahhh phew.....!
It did make me chuckle each time sweet used the word Tanya.
Sweet, in the UK a fanny is a different part of a woman's anatomy :D
Davo
Davo

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 02 Apr 2012, 16:48

Davo wrote:Sweet,
Just out of curiosity.... What is a fanny?
Davo

LOL, Davo . . . you ARE kidding, right? "Fanny" is another word for "bottom," "rear end," "back side," "rump," etc.
Let's see . . . can I think of anymore words for that particular part of the anatomy? My Aussie friends say "bum" - and there's always "the sit down." A friend recently asked me how "my sit down" was doing, lol.
Of course, some people just say the "a" word - that's not one I usually use. Oh, and that's "bung" and "pie." I don't hear those used too much, though.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 02 Apr 2012, 16:51

Davo wrote:Ahhh phew.....!
It did make me chuckle each time sweet used the word Tanya.
Sweet, in the UK a fanny is a different part of a woman's anatomy :D
Davo

I just read this! LOL, really??? I've NEVER heard the word "fanny" used to mean that part of a woman's anatomy. LOL!
I guess I'd better stick to saying "back side" or "rear end" on this forum, then, because we do have our share of UK folks here - and I don't want to confuse anyone. lol
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure

Postby Davo » 02 Apr 2012, 23:19

Sweet,
You can probably now imagine why i chuckled at your comment, "I wondered how many people in that crowded restaurant had ever suffered from a fanny problem . . .!"
Davo
Davo

Postby Sweet Bugaboo » 03 Apr 2012, 00:13

Davo wrote:Sweet,
You can probably now imagine why i chuckled at your comment, "I wondered how many people in that crowded restaurant had ever suffered from a fanny problem . . .!"
Davo

Davo, that IS soooo funny, lol lol. But honestly, that word - "fanny" - is just a polite way of saying "back side," or "bottom" (meaning rear end) here in the U.S. --- "Fanny" is also a woman's name, as in Fanny Brice, Fanny Crosby, Fanny Farmer - just to name a few.
Sweet Bugaboo
King Fissure