Magnesium Question

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Magnesium Question

Postby Fissulyna » 15 Sep 2008, 15:48

You are more than welcome babe XXOOOOO !!!!
Take care of your derriиre sweetie and try to keep it soft with Colace and such until you get Mg . Don't worry about that little blood
but take some extra care for couple of days - some longer soaks and try to sit "on the side" and so forth. Fissure needs 6-8 weeks to close in perfect scenario, but some need 12 -16 weeks ! And , of course - one year for 80% of original strength so, be careful for long time and I know that you will.
Image Image Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby juney » 16 Sep 2008, 22:21

i never tried those 500mg mag oxide pills i bought. too scared to try something new. but today i took one with lunch for the first time. i'm trying to get off the MOM so i'm hoping this'll help with the BM tomorrow... i'll let you know how it goes tomorow....i'm hoping i don't have your explosive experience jen!!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 17 Sep 2008, 06:53

Doh ....Mag citrate ????
Is this the same ?
Whats the diff between oxide, glycerate and citrate ??
Am i a nerd ???

Postby Guest » 17 Sep 2008, 07:02

No, not at all! It is just what the magnesium is bound to. Some seem to be harsher than others and some more easily absorbed and used, but I don't know that there is a huge amount of difference. I just take the mag glycinate because my SIL recommended it to me and I've just stuck with it this whole time. She said it is a chelated form that is easier to process so it shouldn't go overboard and make you too runny.

Postby Guest » 17 Sep 2008, 07:14

I can source the citrate here and wonder if it will help as i avoid dairy ??? what do you think ?
I have a mulitivitimin ABC plus, this has 33% magnesuim would i benifit from that or should i go and get some citrate like now !!!

Postby Guest » 17 Sep 2008, 07:19

I don't think it could hurt. It helps with all sorts of functions. It is good to take before bed because it helps your muscles to relax. But really, unless you are having constipation issues I wouldn't add something new if what you are doing now works for you. I think the multi would be fine.

Postby Guest » 17 Sep 2008, 07:35

Thank you Lecia...
I will start with that multi just for that added boost for now, no point in rocking the boat !
I found this late lastnight googling :roll:
The signs of magnesium deficiency in the body are muscle spasms or tremors, nervousness, high blood pressure, muscle weakness, insomnia, irregular heartbeat, convulsions or fits, depression, hyperactivity, constipation, confusion, lack of appetite and calcium deposited in soft tissue. Irritable bowel syndrome is a condition where the muscles of the colon become over-tight, magnesium aids the intestine to become relax and it also improves muscle tone within the colon. This helps food to pass through the colon easier.
I dont know how reliable the infomation is heres the link
http://www.aboutcalcium.net/Magnesium_and_Calcium.html

Postby Guest » 17 Sep 2008, 07:37

That sounds similar to what I have read so I bet it is right!
Yeah, I think the not rocking the boat approach is the best but a multi-vitamin is a great idea.

Postby Guest » 17 Sep 2008, 07:39

Thank you Lecia !

Postby val » 17 Sep 2008, 09:24

I just bought common old magnesium supplements from the healthshop and havent got a clue what kind they are. I'm a nerd too!! :D They seem to help though!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86