Making the Call

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Making the Call

Postby Guest » 18 Nov 2008, 07:15

Hi Sunshine !
I brought anusol/germoloids– haemorrhoids cream , which comes with an applicator Image
The applicator fits onto the cream so you could do it that way !
What i do is squeeze the diltiazem into the applicator and then use a cotton bud/qtip to administer the cream from the applicator, this way i know how much cream i am using :D
It is great as you will be able to get the cream high up inside - use some cream on the outside for easy insertion !
Try it and see Image

Postby cherylk » 18 Nov 2008, 07:19

I like Tabby's idea! I just squeezed the tube attached to the applicator, but never really knew how much ointment was getting inside!
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Corsi » 18 Nov 2008, 13:28

Use a syringe (without a needle Image ), I've use it to get the nitro up where the sun doesn't shine....
Image Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Deleted User 5 » 18 Nov 2008, 14:23

Yeah, about the only way you'll get any cream very far up the anal canal is with an applicator, I like the way Tabby does it. I used syringe type-thingy that came with procotofoam and it really seemed to make a difference for me.
Deleted User 5

Postby SunshineHope » 21 Nov 2008, 01:32

I tried using a syringe today, it wasn't even that large, but it was really hard for me to insert it! I think I was nervous so the muscles were tight. It's kind of funny trying to relax so you can stick something up your bum lol. I tried lubing it with a bit of aloe vera gel (couldn't find vaseline at the moment) and it was really hard/uncomfortable for me to try and put it up high! I just barely inserted it. The tip is not smooth obviously so it's not the easiest thing to insert. I think the diltiazem still sort of went inside, but very close to the opening. I still feel good, it was burning/itching when I first put it on so much that I couldn't sit and was lying down while using the laptop, but it's better now.
Now, my butt feels super relaxed.
I hope I'll have better luck applying it tomorrow. Didn't wanna push too hard :o
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby SunshineHope » 21 Nov 2008, 03:10

On another note... I told another friend about it today (which felt sooo great because only my best friend really knows right now). & I began explaining in very basic terms "basically when you can't go to the washroom for a few days... and you try going... the pressure sort of causes a crack.." and to my surprise, she was like "oh yeah, a fissure?" It turns out her brother had one Image & she was pretty familiar. Gave me hope. Image Didn't feel like such an odd child after all.
She gets acupuncture done for her back & is recommending it for this. I dunno. She said her doctor is just mindblowing & has helped her & her mother so much. Meh, we'll see.
Image to all
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 21 Nov 2008, 06:35

I would try the applicator , tis much smoother and less fiddley !! Image
Good for you Sunshine Image

Postby juney » 21 Nov 2008, 11:22

sunshine i'm glad you're starting to tell your friends! for over a year i had told only by boyfriend, parents and roommate. everyone else knew i was having lots of surgeries but didn't know why. in the past 2 months i started telling all my friends. it just feels better to have it out in the open. a few of them have heard of this, but for the most part they don't really understand it. they try to be sympathetic and that really helps. i think you'll find it helps to open up to your friends.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby SunshineHope » 22 Nov 2008, 01:55

Thanks Juney & Tabby. Juney, I know what you mean. It feels great just having them know *why* you're sometimes so quiet on the phone (pain!) & *why* your diet is so restricted (fissure!).
Today was better with the syringe, crouching made it easier for me to relax & slide it in. I was reading old diltiazem related posts on the forum and realized how so many were told to put it inside. I was never given any direction on where to put it, the label just said "apply to affected area", lol. The time I used diltiazem (& Nitro) before, I never put it inside, just on the outer area where my two skin tags are! No wonder my skin tags would get irritated by it! I just got the refill of diltiazem yesterday after a year +, and I've already been feeling less pain and easier pooping (the 3 times I've pooped since:)) by putting it inside. I'm assuming it doesn't matter how high up it is -- just as long as it's inside?
peace&love
sh
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Fissulyna » 22 Nov 2008, 03:37

Great news Sunshine Image !!! Keep up "good work" and may you heal this time fast and
forever !!! I never used any of the creams inside , all of my CRSs told me to use it outside.
It helped anyway Image a great deal . I healed couple of times , but would always re-tear after stopping the creams :( .
Best of luck Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61