my diary

track record of the fissure

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: my diary

Postby Apes » 01 Jun 2014, 21:30

I had my fissure almost that long before I got Botox. I think at some point you will need to make a decision about further treatment. Usually that means Botox or LIS. You need to make sure you are comfortable with your doctor, he not switch. You will also get another opinion. If you feel it's getting better you can wait. I sat in my doctors office talking about Botox, decided I was doing ok for a few days and didn't sign up, a week later I was still in pain and got the Botox. I just couldn't stand the pain anymore and didn't want LIS surgery.
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Postby student » 02 Jun 2014, 00:05

Thats how i feel about the botox also, i do want a second opinion, and if i decide to get the botox it will be from the new doctor.

just had an unexpected bm, a LOT of blood. im very worried that i tore again - two days in a row. it didnt hurt more than usual tho, but more blood than when i retore. could the blood be from excess blood flow from the heating pad?? the mineral oil put me back to every 12 hours after i eat. im also not digesting food well because of the frequency. i might not go into work tomorrow for the first time. :groan:

Another bm this morning, only a bit of blood, slightly more burning pain. I used the finger support mentioned on this site, will try it again.
student
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Apes » 02 Jun 2014, 13:36

The finger support works well. Do some research on Botox, there are many studies that have been done. For me what was most important was where the doctor would inject the Botox and the dose. Higher doses seem to lead to higher success percentages. Also, I would make sure you will not be awake. I can't imagine hoe anyone could be awake for this. My doctor also cleaned up the fissure to help it heal.
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Postby student » 02 Jun 2014, 19:40

about botox, I will talk to the dr, probably get a second opinion, and research on my own. Apes, do you know any good info websites?
had a bm 12 hrs after the last one, not 12 after eating...ok. little bit of blood, usual amount of pain after and mild spasming. i used the finger support again, i hope im doing it right, but there has been no extra harm.
I got acupuncture again for pain, i think it helped a bit, especially if i dont retear again.
Ive been thinking of expanding food options seeing as how my body responds well to fiber/flaxseed bread. I will try baked beans (or vegetarian refried beans) , apple cider, babaganoush, maybe peas and quinoa. I am getting tired of this very limited diet, and the pain.
student
Salt Bather

Postby Apes » 02 Jun 2014, 20:08

Try this link,

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/article ... 903/#CIT17

towards the bottom there is a list of references, you can click on the reference and bring up the different studies.
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Postby student » 03 Jun 2014, 16:05

thank you apes!! :thanx:

today day was rough, ive been having a bm every 8 or 9 hours (3 times), i really with i could go down to every 14hrs. im losing a lot of sleep because of the timing. one time there was A LOT of blood, looked like at least a teaspoon. i think the finger support is making me bleed more, but hurt slightly less, i hope im doing it right. my body, on its own, also has been pushing hard, like the stool is running out, but not liquid. i have to fight to slow the tempo. the most recent time had no blood, strange - used finger support. still a few spasms.

i think its weird that squeezing my buttcheeks together when i pee makes it less painful. i think over the past 3 weeks i have done a good week and a half of healing.

Is citric acid a bad thing to eat, i noticed a lot of the foods i eat or drink have it as an ingredient. could it cause the burning feelings??

I also think im coming down with a cold, which is what caused the constipation that caused this fissure. :x :cry: :groan:
student
Salt Bather

Postby student » 05 Jun 2014, 13:32

colace has been messing with my regularity so stopped taking it. Still using the finger support, it helps reduce the spasms. the pain right after the bm has been slightly less. im at the end of my patience and tolerance so its been taking me a bit longer to regain my composure. but the amount of time it lingers afterward has decreased a lot, down to about half an hour. last night i was also able to sleep on my side for the first time in a month.

still a small poke in my throat so im taking zinc and ginger and gargling with salt water, the last thing i need is a cold
student
Salt Bather

Postby Scientist2516 » 05 Jun 2014, 15:05

I think citrus can increase the acidity of your BMs. You might cut it down and see if that helps.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby student » 05 Jun 2014, 16:34

thanks, i dont eat a lot of citrus fruits, but a lot of bottled drinks, or canned veg, or sorbet have citric acid as an ingredient. is it the same thing?
student
Salt Bather

Postby student » 06 Jun 2014, 20:07

today i had gas that was more painful than anything in the past month of this whole ordeal. OMG face-meltimg pain. im scared to go to the bathroom now.

Can using the finger support cause a fissure in other places even if the stool is soft. i put on some cream, and it didnt feel right in two other places???
student
Salt Bather