My Diary...

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: My Diary...

Postby Fissurefrustration » 08 Dec 2017, 15:24

Diltiazem... hmm!!!!!

I've been using it now 8 days and I've seen a considerable improvement. I only get a very small pinch of pain on BM if anything with no spasms or residual burning after. I'm still using sitz baths etc but I'm determined once again not to count my chickens before they hatch.

This however is promising and it's so nice not to have the headaches after application like I had with the GTN. Makes compliance much easier, I've been using it twice daily; once in the morning and once in the evening. Luckily I've not had any rash yet that most people complain of after using it for a while.

Will keep you all posted!

FF
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby Fissurefrustration » 16 Dec 2017, 20:52

Burning and scratchy pain with bm has returned. Still religiously using my diltiazem. Feeling very defeated I’m sure it’s the scar tissue from the stricture excision causing the trouble every bm. The skin must be so thin and irritable. What a pain in the bum!!!!

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Postby Fissurefrustration » 22 Jan 2018, 11:56

I can’t believe we’re in 2018.

I’m writing this from my sitz bath. I have a new job working day shifts which is great but my body has gone into turmoil as I used to work permanent nights. I’ve not had my bowels open for 2 days and today at work my body decided now was the time. It was most likely the biggest poo I’ve ever had to pass and it was so hard. I felt like I urgently needed to go but nothing happened. It got stuck. Eventually after lots of breathing and a bit of pushing it came out and the pain that came with it was short and sharp. Then I wiped and saw the tissue covered in blood again.

I honestly think I will suffer with pains and butt problems for the rest of my days, I know it could be a lot worse but it’s so depressing. It consumes my whole life and I just want to be better, it’s been so many years now.

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Dilatiazem
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Postby Fissurefrustration » 07 Apr 2018, 19:43

It’s been 44 pages and 5 or so years but I finally feel like I’m improving in measurable outcomes. I still get twinges if pain or itching every now and then but for the most part I’m feeling so much better. I no longer need baths after every Bm and use a moist toilette wipe just to be sure as any residue left still burns a bit! I’m hoping I’m not tempting fate here but I’m so greatful to have had some sense of normality left.

FF

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Dilatiazem
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Postby mmklinemm » 10 Apr 2018, 14:07

:smilyhug:
FF - I can't believe we're both still on here and dealing with this stuff!!
mmklinemm
VIP

Topics: 13

Postby Fissurefrustration » 10 Apr 2018, 14:12

I know!! I can’t believe it either. We’ve both been on quite a journey, kind of like being in a big family!

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Dilatiazem
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Postby Fissurefrustration » 16 Apr 2018, 11:37

I SPOKE TOO SOON

Ok I made a big mistake, me and my partner decided to try sex for the first time in years and we went VERY slow. we did a lot of foreplay and stuff and I felt fine, he penetrated me (He's not big!) and I knew that it hurt there and then but didn't want to ruin the mood so we finished and sure enough this morning there was blood. Not terrible pain more of a grating stinging pain in the anterior section. It feels though back when the surgeon took away the scar tissue he took too much and I've got no cushion there just below my perineum so any hard stool or sex just rips and grates.

feeling rather helpless today. Ordered another prescription of nifedipine from the GP.

FF

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Dilatiazem
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Postby Fissurefrustration » 22 Apr 2018, 13:13

Ok. It's been a few days and I'm feeling much better. Whatever happened was just superficial and now I'm having mostly pain free bowel motions.

I'm trying something new - there's pure aloe on amazon which I've bought (quite a big tub) and a 5 ml syringe, and every day I inject 5 mls of this pure aloe back there and it feels actually really cool and soothing. it says not for internal use but I don't think it could do much harm, it's only aloe!

https://www.amazon.co.uk/1KG-99-Pure-Al ... words=aloe

I'm avoiding sex now for a LONG time, and I have a stressful house move coming up soon so I'm just trying to reduce stress as much as possible.

FF

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Dilatiazem
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Postby Fissurefrustration » 03 Jun 2018, 07:05

Just when I feel I’m getting better and doing really well, a bowel motion slightly bigger than normal sends me off the rails. I felt the pinch of pain whentbe stool was passed and it’s right where the scar tissue is at 1pm position. Soo frustrating I don’t think this scar tissue will ever go away :(

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Dilatiazem
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Postby Fissurefrustration » 01 Apr 2019, 07:12

Hello all, been a while since I’ve been on here.

So things have been going along ok, minimal pain at the worst of times had a big Bm and right at where they took some skin away at 11pm position I’ve been left with scar tissue that doesn’t stretch. Acute sharp pain, no blood though!! Been sore for the whole of today today too just when I touch the exact location, can’t see a fissure in the mirror but feels more like a paper cut. Interesting that there’s no blood.

Ff

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Dilatiazem
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration