My Diary...

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: My Diary...

Postby Ayurveda » 18 Dec 2019, 20:33

Hi fissure frustration.
Sorry to hear u feel so low. :smilyhug:
Ayurveda
Fibre Addict

Postby Fissurefrustration » 19 Dec 2019, 04:01

I guess stubbornness. I really don’t like the idea of potential side effects but eventually will run out of options. I have so much scar tissue back there I really don’t want to go under the knife again

Ff
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby Fissurefrustration » 26 Jun 2021, 11:10

So things haven’t been going well. I’ve been off the internet for a while with awful depression and my bowels haven’t been too bad at all, until the other day when I had the worst constipation and then had to pass a huge stool that got stuck. I had to manually evacuate it and since then the scar Issue at the 11 and 1 position just roared it’s ugly head as it was stretched.
Now I use diltiazem again to calm it down which feels like fire for a while but settles. It feels like two fissures are back but there’s no blood it’s just scar tissue but it really stings!!!
What on earth can I do? It’s been so many years.

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Postby missy moo » 26 Jun 2021, 15:51

If its stinging there muct be a cut exposed tissue. I'm not a doctor but I'm pretty sure scar tissue wouldn't sting from putting cream on it. Have you tried botox? Have you havmd an appointment with a surgeon maybe they would advice to get the scar tissue removed an replaced with healthy tissue like a flap and maybe botox at the same time? It's a shit journey I'm not gonna lie. I've had my fissure for nearly 8 years now an i feel like giving up trying to heal it.
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby Fissurefrustration » 02 Jul 2021, 07:22

Hello everyone,

I have very exciting news. So my last post was only a week ago and I was in so much pain after my hard stool, the scar tissue had obviously opened and caused a new micro fissure. Well, I got straight back into my nifedipine cream in the morning and at night, and as soon as it stopped stinging after applying (3 days or so) I then went to dilating with my medium anal dilator with cocoa butter 2 times a day then applying this ointment morning and night: https://www.facetheory.com/collections/ ... etinol-oil

this oil is Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil and it has vitamin C vitamin E and jojoba (I just googled scar treatment cream, was desperate and found this)

well after doing that routine religiously, my pain has gone, I mean fully gone. for the first time in years. This morning me and my partner had sex, it was pain free for the first time ever and experienced no pain on my morning BM an hour later when normally I'd have awful scratchy glass pain on that first BM

I don't know if its the daily dilating, the Retin oil, or what.... but I'm going to keep up with routine without stopping. I started dilating months ago which made things less painful but I stopped as started to feel better and just generally forgot (this was a mistake)

Just wanted to update you all, I feel so good. I can't stop smiling after pain free sex and pain free pooping!! :D

Has anyone else tried this oil? it doesn't hurt to use and makes stools pass more easily, it is meant for the face but I was desperate. I will post this also in the success forum in case people don't see this :)

FF xxxx

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Dilatiazem
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Postby missy moo » 02 Jul 2021, 19:49

FF you've had your fissure an the same treatments as me and I've alway thought about dilation. I'm going to try this. Can you please update every few wks let me know how its going. I'm so happy for you i thought after 8 years an botox we were both stuffed an had to get lis. Maybe not
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Fissurefrustration » 05 Jul 2021, 10:25

Will do! I'm again feeling great today, painless BM, dilatation went really well and I've moved up a size which went in without any trouble. part of me is thinking its this oil that I purchased with vitamin E and C which is really making the difference. it feels like my scar tissue is responding to it really well and stretching. who knows. next week I could be back at square one again. but for now, I feel great.

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Dilatiazem
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Postby missy moo » 05 Jul 2021, 18:56

Thats so great to hear fingers crossed this is it fissure gone
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby Fissurefrustration » 21 May 2023, 14:01

Hi everyone! I can’t believe how long I’ve been on here, but an update for you. I’m doing really well I mostly have zero pain now. Anal sex is mostly fine but if I don’t take it slow or do something different I strain the scar tissue and it hurts like a fresh fissure without any blood though for a few days.

J

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Dilatiazem
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Postby chachacha » 21 May 2023, 19:53

Great to hear that you're mostly doing well. I'm having new issues, not fissure related, but that cause severe anal pain. I can't believe how long I've been a member either! Welcome back.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19