My LIS recovery

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Re: My LIS recovery

Postby rufftime » 04 Nov 2015, 17:50

Day 13 (Wed, 11/4): Had my post-op today. CRS reports that things are looking good, and that I have passed the point where infection is a concern. She predicts a full healing in another 4-6 weeks. So it's a new bum for Christmas this year. LOL. All in all, it's been a test of patience more than anything. Now that I am not having pain and soreness with every BM, my outlook is vastly improved.
rufftime
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby rufftime » 09 Nov 2015, 17:13

Day 18 (Mon, 11/9): Pretty much back to normal as far as using the bathroom goes. I don't miss the gauze or the stinging. It's nice not to be homebound for #2s. My CRS provided a good report, says it'll be about four more weeks before total healing. Advised that I should be able to resume sexual activity in another 10 days or so. The area looks really good - I feel slight pulling and itching sometimes down under but no blood. I've started dilating a bit each day to loosen the muscle and help promote healing.
rufftime
Fibre Addict

Postby msimon » 09 Nov 2015, 17:29

Glad to hear it! Thanks for sharing your storey :)
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby rufftime » 19 Nov 2015, 13:14

Day 28 (Thurs, 11/19): Hard to believe it's been a full four weeks since surgery. I'll be honest if you had asked me on Day 7 if I'd be doing this well at Day 28 I'd have had my doubts. No sensation of any weird nature down under, and although fissure is not totally gone the tag is and the area looks like a "normal" anus. You'll be amazed how quickly things heal beyond that 14 day mark.
rufftime
Fibre Addict

Postby rufftime » 15 Oct 2016, 15:04

A year later - it occurred to me that I'm coming up on my anniversary of LIS. Although the experience wasn't easy - I have to say that the six months of fissure pain that I endured is long gone, my ability to move my bowels is far and away easier than it was in the past, and you would never know that I had it by appearance. It was worth it for quality of life, and incidentally once I allowed myself to fully heal (a couple more months), anal sex was AWESOME (don't be judgmental - being able to do this is important to some people especially gay men). I am really thankful I did this and stopped avoiding surgery out of fear. I was diligent in recovery and would tell anyone with chronic fissure - bite the bullet, and go for it. Look into who in your area is a strong, communicative colorectal surgeon, if you are in the LGBT population try and gauge who is LGBT friendly in your area (I had a straight, but understanding female CRS who took my quality of life and sexual impacts seriously and didn't shrug them off as unimportant). Good luck to all.
rufftime
Fibre Addict

Postby Mypoorbutt » 15 Oct 2016, 17:24

Thanks for the detailed post I'm due to have my LIS in a few weeks and it really does help to hear others stories....think you are very brave to have anal sex again after the agony of a fissure....I'm a straight female and even vaginal sex sets off the horrendous spasms...so hoping LIS will stop that,
Pleased you are back to normal and feeling good
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Buttpalsteven » 15 Oct 2016, 18:01

Hi rufftime,

Thank you so much for the post. I had my LIS 2 months ago. My doc said I was healed and said I could resume anal sex but try one did not go as I had hoped. Hearing your response puts me at ease to think I just need more time, not necessarily "done for" in that department.
Buttpalsteven
Salt Bather

Topics: 1