MY LIS STORY

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: MY LIS STORY

Postby cherylk » 20 Dec 2008, 05:11

Jen,
I think stress probably greatly contributed to your prob!!! Kim is more of an expert than me since I have not had LIS, but I think he still has an occasional prob even after being 2 years (I think) post-LIS. You seem to be a superachiever and put a lot of pressure on yourself to get good grades in school! My husband used to tell me that I would do anything to get an A (well, almost anything!).
I would just try to relax and know that you can get this all sorted out after your stress level declines. There is a reference in one of my books about fissures and stress. I'll try to find it. Meanwhile, hang in there and know that this too will pass. I think it is amazing that you traveled to and from Hawaii with no issues. Flying/traveling is hard on the digestive system and butts!!
Cheryl
Image Image
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 20 Dec 2008, 06:51

Hi Jen Image
Please don’t give yourself a hard time Image The fact you say things have improved over the last day is a good sign – Lets hope we can put this one down as just a little hiccup !!
You know even them normal people sometimes have a stinger Image it does happen and as long as you can bounce back – I think that is what is important right now !
Use the cream see how things go – Take some time for yourself Jen unwind, breathe and chillax over this holiday time..
Did this happen because of period time ? How are you finding the evening primrose – Do you think it helps ??
I sure hope things feel better for you today Image

Postby Corsi » 20 Dec 2008, 07:56

Fissures are hard to heal, and I guess we can never relax and think that things are a 100% OK, we have to be careful. I hope that this was only a small setback Jen, and that you will be healed soon.
Try not to stress, pay attention to what you eat, etc.
Take care Image
Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby cherylk » 20 Dec 2008, 08:57

Corsi,
You are so creative with your many pictures. I especially like the landscape ones!! :D
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 20 Dec 2008, 10:43

I think you will be fine! It really takes a year for that area to heal completely and as the scar tissue forms it can feel inflammed for no apparent reason. I get that too and think for sure I have a fissure or the beginnings of a hemmie and then my husband looks and says it looks the same. I know it is easy to get alarmed though especially after you have had such a good run. But it will get back there soon.
Sorry to hear about your car accident. I am sure stress (even good stress-like going to Hawaii) can affect things after awhile since you have been so busy.

Postby Jen » 20 Dec 2008, 11:05

Thank you buddies! Image You guys are the only ones who ever understand when I have a bad day.
Well today is much better. I am quite sure my BM knicked my fissure open microscopicly somehow - even though the cut is so small I can not really see it. I think your right Lecia & Corsi- it does take a long time to heal. The inflammation is gone now and things are back to normal. I guess I may always have issues at times. I will not get another LIS. I put the nitro in internally and I can tell I am loose enough. Before LIS, It was hard to stick a finger in there and now it is not so bad. I am nervous about having a BM now - prior to this I was to the point where I did not have anxiety about BM's anymore.
Tabby - Yes! It is right before my period. The primrose works quite well. I have not had any problems around my period for three months so it works apparently. How have you been feeling?
Cheryl - Thanks! I thought of you this morning. We opened gifts because we are leaving town Christmas eve and my son got a CAT skid loader toy and he loves it!
Val - How often do you have a setback now? How long does it take to heal when you do have a setback? Is the pain alot better than pre LIS. Did you have a fissurectomy also (I know they did LIS & a fistula repair at the same time? I think if someone could get rid of this scar for me things would be perfect, but my CRS does not do that for some reason. How is your neck???
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Deleted User 5 » 20 Dec 2008, 12:12

Even "normal" folks are gonna have a rough stool every now and then, it just makes folks like us more anxious! As said, *real* healing takes a long time. I get the occasional nick in the @ss but after two years now, it's very seldom, and you'll get there too.
And all that school stress doesn't help!
Focus on family, friends and the holidays and not on your butt! Merry Christmas!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 20 Dec 2008, 12:29

Jen I am glad you feel the benefits of the evening primrose – I double my dose like now about 5 days before I am due !
I am doing Ok...KOW Image
Enjoy the holidays Jen Image

Postby Jen » 20 Dec 2008, 12:32

Kim -
When you say you get an occassional knick - does it sound like my symptoms - inflammed and sore for a day or so? Is it sore where your original fissure was? I know you said you bleed sometimes, but suprisingly I had no blood the other day.
I hope you have a happy hoilday! I will be traveling over by you and Lecia soon. BTW - I have a nasty spider bite on my finger that is finally starting to heal. I think your banana spider traveled over here! :)
Tabbs -
Great idea! I will try a larger dose! It really has helped out - I don't know what happened this month!
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Deleted User 5 » 20 Dec 2008, 15:40

Yes, Jen. Although to be honest, my soreness was never really too bad except immediately after the BM. Just enough to know something had happened. I've had one or two very minor episodes that didn't involve bleeding. Just the other day I felt the apprehension strike just as one passed and I could tell I was being stretched too much, or something to that effect.
Watch those spiders! My eye was red for months!
Well, looks like you will miss the gorgeous weather we have had all week, it is gonna turn cold in Georgia by Monday. Too bad we couldn't all get together and have a glass of eggnog laced MOM!
Deleted User 5