MY LIS STORY

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: MY LIS STORY

Postby cherylk » 05 Jun 2009, 14:41

Try some/more Benefibre and/or Miralax. Stress contributes to the bowels not working correctly!!!!! You're going to be the medical expert here soon. Don't goof up your healing progress!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Jen » 05 Jun 2009, 15:42

Thanks guys!
I will take some MOM or Miralax tonight and see how tomorrow's morning poo goes. I just hate doing that everytime things get hard. I feel like maybe I am not really healed and I just feel normal only because I have mastered the art of making my poo the perfect texture/softness all the time. When I have harder than normal poo every few months - things get rough. Does anyone else feel this way too?
I am glad you like the Benefiber Tabby! It's great? I buy the huge mega size at Sam's Club. It lasts me for months! How much do you take?
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby cherylk » 05 Jun 2009, 15:46

Jen,
Could you try having a bm more than once a day? Would that help?????
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Jen » 05 Jun 2009, 15:48

Cheryl - For some reason, I am just a one-a-day kind of girl. It happens first thing in the morning, after a few sips of coffee. Sometimes I go after lunch too, but that rarely happens - maybe once a week or so.
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Fissulyna » 05 Jun 2009, 15:56

Jen, dear, just keep it soft till 2 years pass and that area becomes "kevlar strong" again !!! Than you can test it if you really want to ; )). Now, soft poop is kind of ideal thing in general - not mushy - but as a "play-dough" - know what I mean LOL. Felling normal is GREAT thing - no matter what you do to achieve it. Art or no art - not a big deal Image, extra fiber can only do so much good that taking it should not bother you at all Image and occasional MOM or miralax - millions are doing that anyway Image !
My butt occasionally gets some itchiness or some irritation and it goes away in day or two by itself. I bet I had it happening many times before in my pre-fissure life but than it was completely unimportant event LOL - now that "little something" pushes panic button and we should all strive to get rid of those unnecessary worries, I think Image Easy to say, I know - but we can do it Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Corsi » 06 Jun 2009, 07:47

Fissulyna wrote:...now that "little something" pushes panic button and we should all strive to get rid of those unnecessary worries...
Spot on Fissy, we have very big red panic buttons Image
Jen, keep it soft, drink smoothie, no cheese, drink a lot, beans, fruit, etc.
I agree with the others, stress is so bad for us...I retore a bit in May because I was so stressed...
Chill out girl Image
Corsi Image
Last edited by Corsi on 27 Feb 2010, 06:50, edited 1 time in total.
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Jen » 07 Jun 2009, 22:45

LOL Fissy - kevlar strong! Image
Well, I have taken about 1 tsp of MOM all weekend. My BM's have been normal - since they have only been normal & formed - I can only imagine how hard they would be without the MOM. I am going to drink miralax tonight instead. I hope whatever is going on with my BM's stops soon - I would hate to retare again!
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Fissulyna » 08 Jun 2009, 00:06

Oh good : )))) ! All is under control Image !!! I am sure it is just a "phase" and just keep doing what you are doing until it balance itself again ! Image
Best of luck : )) Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Deleted User 5 » 08 Jun 2009, 06:02

Jen, have you been exercising or sweating extra now in the warming weather? Dehydration: it's just a thought? Image
Deleted User 5

Postby juney » 08 Jun 2009, 11:36

jen - i know how you feel, i hate being "dependent" on laxatives and softeners. if i have a good day or two i still get discouraged b/c i know it's only because of the massive amounts of softeners i take.
it's such a delicate balance. are you still taking benefiber? it's hopeful that at least you were able to et off the MOM and miralax for awhile...proof that your body's not totally out of whack.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36