MY LIS STORY

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: MY LIS STORY

Postby Jen » 20 Dec 2008, 22:47

Thanks Kim. That sounds like my episode this week. No bleeding, but I know I minorly reinjured it. I am ok now and thats what matters. How often do you have a setback or a close call??? Are you still only taking the mag supplement?
Dang it! I was wishing for nice weather! We just had a snow storm here in Las Vegas and the 2 places I am going for the holidays (New Orleans & GA) are freaking cold! Alright - you and Lecia provide the egg nog laced with MOM and I will provide the fruitcake baked with benefiber!
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby cherylk » 21 Dec 2008, 06:19

Jen,
I am glad you are feeling better. Hopefully, your little guy will always stay with Cat equipment!!! Good for our business. Image
I hope you have a great vacation. You're always going somewhere!!
Cheryl
:healthy:
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Deleted User 5 » 21 Dec 2008, 08:26

I don't call them setbacks....maybe once every three months or so.
I take several supplements, but if you mean what I take that would be AF-related, that would be about it, I guess.
Yesterday while cleaning I found my *old* bottle of liquid colace. I wasted no time trashing it -- no reminiscing for me!
Deleted User 5

Postby val » 21 Dec 2008, 13:53

No, Jen I didnt have a fissurectomy. My setbacks last about 3 weeks usually, then heal again. I usually have 3 or 4 weeks between setbacks.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Jen » 21 Dec 2008, 14:26

Thanks everyone!
Val - Do you bleed when you have a setback? Or is it like Kim and myself where the area is just inflammed and irritated?
I hope your feeling alright & you get to enjoy your holidays!
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Corsi » 25 Jan 2009, 03:42

Jen
Now that you are healed, are you able to eat normal and indulge a bit? Wine, meat, etc.
How long since LIS now?
After LIS, what did you eat? What laxatives?
Corsica Image
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Jen » 25 Jan 2009, 14:30

Corsi -
I had LIS in August. I eat whatever I want, but I have always ate healthy anyways. So basically, my whole life I have been on a fissure diet. I still do take my Benefiber everyday and I will for the rest of my life. My tissue down there is so thin and I am prone to retares.
I do drink alchohol and I had some Frangelico last night after my baby went to bed. It was good!
Afetr LIS I listened to my doctor and stopped my supplements. I regret it. Things were healing up down there and I sould have taken MOM for a week or so. I ended up retaring my fissure & the incision site at 3 weeks post op. I would be really careful at least a month after LIS.
When is your LIS again?
Jen
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 25 Jan 2009, 14:37

Jen,
I don't want to hijack this, but did you read in one of my posts that my husband and I are tentatively planning a return trip to Hawaii next year??? :D
Cheryl
Image Image
cherylk
VIP

Postby Jen » 25 Jan 2009, 16:48

Cheryl -
Thats great When are you going? Which island will you be going too? I really want to go to Maui next time. How long will you be staying?
This sounds weird, but with my next trip I want to drive around Nevada and visit the old ghost towns here - I guess there are some neat ones!
Jen
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 25 Jan 2009, 16:57

Jen,
I don't want to get my hopes up in case it doesn't happen. I was soooo disappointed when we had to cancel that Australia/New Zealand trip. But we would go in about a year and stay for a couple of weeks on the Big Island at the resort where we stayed while we were with the tour group in 2005. You may remember we divided our 10 day trip at that time between Maui, Honolulu, and Kona on the Big Island. I liked it all, but Maui and Kona the best. We especially liked the resort at Kona, and I would like to revisit the volcanos as we had a bad day when we went previously (rainy, etc.). Also, there is golf nearby and my husband liked their pool. Probably not as many sites to see as on Maui and for sure not as many as in Honolulu, but I will go wherever. I would also like to go to Kawai. I have to check on what the hospital situation would be in case one of us might have a calamity. Bad thing about not going on a tour--no tour guide support. Good thing about not going on a tour--you can do whatever you want and not have to wait for the others to board the bus!!! :D Plus my MIL won't be along if we go for a return visit as she was on the tour last time!!
I think seeing the ghost towns would be interesting. I like anything historical (history major).
How are your studies going? What are you studying now???? My son is studying antibiotics, and my hairdresser's son just dropped out of dental school after attending for 2 years (he repeated his first year). He's the same age as my son, but now has a wife, a baby, and no job. They are living in the basement of my hairdresser's family's house. Image Image
cherylk
VIP